should i consider mapping my tdi 130

marktdisport

Reaction score
apart from the obvious of more power any more pro's or con's of mapping my tdi 130.... does it affect fuel economy etc...... whats best software

as anyone ever used these tdi tuning boxes as they seem pretty easy and good for the money instead of a map, as stated they can be easy fitted and removed to other cars etc..... would this be as good or not as a proper map.... rather not blow the engine if they not very good...Audi A4 1.9 TDI PD Diesel Tuning Box Chip | eBay

I had a 1.9 tdi 130bhp and it was mapped to 180 bhp it was a lot more responsive felt more like a petrol it was a propper re-map not the plug and play as i have heard some bad things about plug and play my mate had plug and pay on his B4 and used to make his car run hot and as soon as he removed the plug and play the car ran normally i always use Jabbasport in Crowland near Peterborough if you live anywhere near you can find them on the internet tells you also what sort of bhp increase they look at getting out of your car.:greyrs4:

thanks m8.. been qouted £300 for custom code rempa today so once cambelt sorted ill get it sorted as its a little slugish for a large car at the moment

mark - watch out - need to see what they mean by "custom"...

if it's not doen on a rollign road, then it's NOT a custom map, they've jsut plugged your details into a comptuer and it's told them which map will work.... technically it's customised to your engine, etc.... but not your specific car.

Does he not mean custom code as in the company called "custom code"

I have always had my generic maps done by Revo. My Ibiza cupra and s3 to name a few and always been happy with the results

£250 for the forum rolling road days with chip'n'spin seem good.... and they'll map it as high as you want to push your clutch.... I'd recommend 160-170 if you're lazy and try for 180-ish you promise to be be careful!

£250 for the forum rolling road days with chip'n'spin seem good.... and they'll map it as high as you want to push your clutch.... I'd recommend 160-170 if you're lazy and try for 180-ish you promise to be be careful!

reason I say I like themis that they RR before and after and if they find any probs, they change it back and just charge you about £50 or so for the RR: well, that's what they were doing a few year back.

yes custom code software garage preferes this software says its not so aggressive as revo and yes before and after RR if i ask them to..... 160bhp would do me folks

I went for the chip 'n' spin on my tdi130 about 18 months back best £250 i spent on the car. Came out with 184 bhp and a big smile on the way home. The clutch is still fine and the mpg is between 4 and 6 better if driven like an old fart. Keep an eye on this forum Chip 'n' Spin Ecu Tuning for the next rolling road day or just email them.

Reactions: Grangey.
car01.jpg

deffo go with a remap.....I've done it on my Ford ST Tdci, Saab 93 1.9 Tid Vector Sport, Audi A6.....all with excellent results and a definite and noticeable improvement on performance....mpg can be affected obviously if you plant your foot the whole time, but when driven normally can actually give better figures by as much as 10%-15%

It'll be the best £300 or so you'll ever spend