brake caliper paint colour

TURBOTRONICS

Reaction score
im changing the brake discs on my s4 shortly and thought i might paint the calipers while i have chance but im not sure what colour to paint them
what colour do you think would suit my car

100_1326.jpg

i usually do mine gold on dark cars as the red is a bit in your face and they look subtle and clean ,here are a couple of pics of my previuos ones

DSCF0015-1.jpg

DSCF0006-3.jpg

Photo006.jpg

DSC00140-3.jpg

Reactions: Andrew_avant
I'm going to be doing mine silver (they are red at the moment from the previous owner and I hate them) I think silver is noticeable yet subtle, plus it looks like an up to date OEM as all new cars come with freshly painted silver calipers these days.

I'm going to be doing mine silver (they are red at the moment from the previous owner and I hate them) I think silver is noticeable yet subtle, plus it looks like an up to date OEM as all new cars come with freshly painted silver calipers these days.

I did mine Silver Smooth Hammerite earlier this year. Let's face it, anything's better than brown / rust colour!! I also painted the hubs (behind the spacers / wheels) silver - they were a horrible rust colour as well.

Your right - they now look fresh and like new, and complement the silver alloy wheels.

I did fleetingly consider other colours, but decided that red or yellow looked too 'boy racer'ish and chavvy for me.

I like the gold on dark cars, and also black - it also looks fresh and 'new'.

But, as I say, anything's preferable to the unpainted, brown, rust colour!!:puke:

I did my grey S6 in red, happy with it & is the same color as RS6 & somebody I know has red calipers from factory on his 2010 Octavia VRS so I decided to go with red myself. Mine looked terrible to begin with as the previous owner had tried to refurb the wheels & sprayed silver paint everywhere all over the brakes etc.

018.jpg

035.jpg

034.jpg

Get some of the B7 S4 caliper springs with the S4 logo on from Audi and then paint the calipers grey to match! or get hold of some porsche cayenne calipers and put those on instead :thumbsup:

So do those b7 s4 caliper springs fit onto other non 's' calipers then? Don't suppose anyone has the part numbers for them? I like the look of them.

So do those b7 s4 caliper springs fit onto other non 's' calipers then? Don't suppose anyone has the part numbers for them? I like the look of them.

Not sure if they will fit any other calipers. a quick look on etka and the original springs that came on my s4 are the same as a4's with 320mm front discs so they might work. Part number is 8E0 615 269. when I got mine from audi they were only £23 exc VAT each

Fantastic! Cheers mate! I think I have 312mm discs don't I? Not a great deal of difference in size to a 320mm disc so might work. At that price they're worth getting and if they don't fit I'll sell them on.

Fantastic! Cheers mate! I think I have 312mm discs don't I? Not a great deal of difference in size to a 320mm disc so might work. At that price they're worth getting and if they don't fit I'll sell them on.

Ahh the 312mm discs have a different style caliper and spring so it won't fit I am afraid

Ah well, no big deal! Thanks for letting me know before I spent the dough. :)

I did my grey S6 in red, happy with it & is the same color as RS6 & somebody I know has red calipers from factory on his 2010 Octavia VRS so I decided to go with red myself. Mine looked terrible to begin with as the previous owner had tried to refurb the wheels & sprayed silver paint everywhere all over the brakes etc.

018.jpg

035.jpg

034.jpg

That's strange mine are black from the factory.

wow not been on for a few days and look at all the replies
my callipers have some covers on them with the s4 logo on i thought they was standard
still carnt make my mined up
and i carnt believe how expensive the discs are

How much are the discs then mate? I recently sold my e46 m3 and the discs and pads with sensors all round were just under £700 for the parts alone. :sign_omg: