Badger5JMB Retrofits
    1st Gear

Status

brake caliper paint colour

im changing the brake discs on my s4 shortly and thought i might paint the calipers while i have chance but im not sure what colour to paint them
    what colour do you think would suit my car

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    I did mine in yellow, everybody does red....
    A4 TDI SPORT with full leather and thats it as standard.Fitted by me.Remap,S-LINE BADGES.S4 Wing mirrors.DIS,Seat Cupra splitter.Rear parking sensors.5k hids+LED side lights+DRL lights+chrome indicator bulbs,amber fog lights.LED Xenon number plate bulbs,upper/lower front grills+boot strip in matt black.Ipod dock.19" BMW X5 SPORT CONCAVE ALLOYS,9 J FRONT 10 J REAR 20mm hub adapters front ET 28,18mm hub adapters rear ET 27.

TO DO.B5 spring perches.Renault rear diffuser?? S/S exhaust.

1st Gear

Status
    black and get some four ring stickers of ebay

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    black and black
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

1st Gear

Status
    i usually do mine gold on dark cars as the red is a bit in your face and they look subtle and clean ,here are a couple of pics of my previuos ones

3rd Gear

Status
    Black hammerite.... did mine earlier this year....
    03MY 52 reg 1.9 TDi 130PS Quattro Sport Avant - 170bhp remap, RNS-E+OEM bluetooth, B7 wiper arms/blades, 4300K HID+nightbreakers/LED sidelights, rear tints, new lights all round, new front/rear screens, frt armrest, s-line kit, cruise/DIS, B7 gearknob/aluminium trims, parking sensors, black grilles, RS4 RARB, S4 front end, black 18" RS6 alloys

Still waiting..... S4 rear bumper, exhaust tips, coilovers, leather recaro's.... phew...

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    I will be the only person to say RED
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

1st Gear

Status
    Blue
    02 A4 B6 1.9tdi Avant sport 130bhp, 18" RS4's, Cruise control, Armrest, Ambiant lights, LED number plate bulbs,Pressed number plates, rear RS4 ARB, blacked out grills.
    Wanted : S line front and rear bumpers , S4 lower grill, s4 door blades

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    I'm going to be doing mine silver (they are red at the moment from the previous owner and I hate them) I think silver is noticeable yet subtle, plus it looks like an up to date OEM as all new cars come with freshly painted silver calipers these days.
    B6 A4 2.5 V6 TDi Quattro Sport

Dolphin Grey I 210 BHP Remap I KW V1 Coilovers I 19"x9.5" all round BBS LM reps I RS4 Anti Roll Bar Kit I S4 Front and Rear Bumpers I Votex side skirts I S4 Aluminium Mirrors I S4 Rear Spoiler I S4 Style Tailpipes I USDM S4 licence plate blank I 6000k HID's I 18 SMD DRL's I Cupra R Splitter I Full RS4 black leather with white stitch optional bucket seat interior I RS4 black headlining I TT S Line FBMFSW I Aluminium Trim I Reverse camera I Full DIS I Cruise Control

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Az View Post
    I'm going to be doing mine silver (they are red at the moment from the previous owner and I hate them) I think silver is noticeable yet subtle, plus it looks like an up to date OEM as all new cars come with freshly painted silver calipers these days.
    I did mine Silver Smooth Hammerite earlier this year. Let's face it, anything's better than brown / rust colour!! I also painted the hubs (behind the spacers / wheels) silver - they were a horrible rust colour as well.

Your right - they now look fresh and like new, and complement the silver alloy wheels.

I did fleetingly consider other colours, but decided that red or yellow looked too 'boy racer'ish and chavvy for me.

I like the gold on dark cars, and also black - it also looks fresh and 'new'.

But, as I say, anything's preferable to the unpainted, brown, rust colour!!
    2003 A4 Avant 2.5TDi 180 Quattro Sport in Light Metallic Silver, Remapped to 220 by ProTec Motorsport, RS4 18" x 8J reps, Falken F452 tyres, 10mm H+R Spacers, Matt Aluminium Mirror Covers, Heated Mirrors, S4 Door Blades, Continental TS830p Winter Tyres on 5 star 17" Sport Alloys

1st Gear

Status
    I did my grey S6 in red, happy with it & is the same color as RS6 & somebody I know has red calipers from factory on his 2010 Octavia VRS so I decided to go with red myself. Mine looked terrible to begin with as the previous owner had tried to refurb the wheels & sprayed silver paint everywhere all over the brakes etc.

Audi S6 Avant 4.2 V8 Quattro 340bhp, 19" OEM RS6 alloys, running on LPG.

4th Gear

Status
    Get some of the B7 S4 caliper springs with the S4 logo on from Audi and then paint the calipers grey to match! or get hold of some porsche cayenne calipers and put those on instead
    Sam,

Gone

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    So do those b7 s4 caliper springs fit onto other non 's' calipers then? Don't suppose anyone has the part numbers for them? I like the look of them.

Dolphin Grey I 210 BHP Remap I KW V1 Coilovers I 19"x9.5" all round BBS LM reps I RS4 Anti Roll Bar Kit I S4 Front and Rear Bumpers I Votex side skirts I S4 Aluminium Mirrors I S4 Rear Spoiler I S4 Style Tailpipes I USDM S4 licence plate blank I 6000k HID's I 18 SMD DRL's I Cupra R Splitter I Full RS4 black leather with white stitch optional bucket seat interior I RS4 black headlining I TT S Line FBMFSW I Aluminium Trim I Reverse camera I Full DIS I Cruise Control

4th Gear

Status
    So do those b7 s4 caliper springs fit onto other non 's' calipers then? Don't suppose anyone has the part numbers for them? I like the look of them.
    Not sure if they will fit any other calipers. a quick look on etka and the original springs that came on my s4 are the same as a4's with 320mm front discs so they might work. Part number is 8E0 615 269. when I got mine from audi they were only £23 exc VAT each
    Sam,

Gone

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    Fantastic! Cheers mate! I think I have 312mm discs don't I? Not a great deal of difference in size to a 320mm disc so might work. At that price they're worth getting and if they don't fit I'll sell them on.

3rd Gear

Status
    Heres some black calipers my black 1.8T with S Line decals,

A4 1.8T 190 S-Line, Stage 2 Shark Performance Map 230 BHP, Pipercross Panel Filter, Forge 007 DV, Blue Flame Performance Exhaust + High Flow Sports Cat, 8k HID Lights, 8k HID Fog Lights, LED Sidelights, LED Number Plate, Front + Rear Ambient Lighting, LED Interior Bulbs, Grooved Dimpled Disks, Ultimax Pads, RNS-E DVD, Tinted Windows, S4 Grill, Votex Rear Skirt, BOSE, Leather, Engine Covers, S4 Mirrors, RS4 Pedals, Gloss Black Wrapped Grills, 19" BBS LM's Summer, 19" RS6's Winter, Coilovers

4th Gear

Status
    Fantastic! Cheers mate! I think I have 312mm discs don't I? Not a great deal of difference in size to a 320mm disc so might work. At that price they're worth getting and if they don't fit I'll sell them on.
    Ahh the 312mm discs have a different style caliper and spring so it won't fit I am afraid
    Sam,

Gone

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    Ah well, no big deal! Thanks for letting me know before I spent the dough.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by reggieroo View Post
    I did my grey S6 in red, happy with it & is the same color as RS6 & somebody I know has red calipers from factory on his 2010 Octavia VRS so I decided to go with red myself. Mine looked terrible to begin with as the previous owner had tried to refurb the wheels & sprayed silver paint everywhere all over the brakes etc.

That's strange mine are black from the factory.
    FOR SALE... 2007 Rns-e (sds), 2009 OEM bluetooth module, Flat bottom TTRS MFSW, steering wheel control module and slipring. All in Classifieds, Pm me if interested.

RS6 Avant, Milltek non res, Forge, ITG, Bilstein, Hotchkis.

5th Gear

Status
    black or silver

1st Gear

Status
    wow not been on for a few days and look at all the replies
    my callipers have some covers on them with the s4 logo on i thought they was standard
    still carnt make my mined up
    and i carnt believe how expensive the discs are

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    How much are the discs then mate? I recently sold my e46 m3 and the discs and pads with sensors all round were just under £700 for the parts alone.