AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

B6 A4 1.9 TDI Avant - MPG for Quattro vs Non-Quattro?

Looking for a second car and surprised by the prices you can now get a B6 Avant for, it doesn't seem that long ago when they were knocking on £10k (or maybe that just shows how long since I've looked).

Tempted by a Quattro, can anyone tell me that if Parkers is right in as far as it knocks 9MPG off the top of the 2WD version? I seem to recall Audi said it was only 2MPG.

Audi A4 1.9TDI (130) Quattro Sport - 41MPG
    Audi A4 1.9 TDI (130) Sport - 50MPG

Are these accurate?

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    Between 6 - 8 mpg ive been told
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

3rd Gear

Status
    Not sure what a FWD does, but on my recent trip to Le Mans and back my quattro (fully loaded with adults and gear) averaged 45mpg...

Most of that was motorway at 80mph, using cruise control....
    03MY 52 reg 1.9 TDi 130PS Quattro Sport Avant - 170bhp remap, RNS-E+OEM bluetooth, B7 wiper arms/blades, 4300K HID+nightbreakers/LED sidelights, rear tints, new lights all round, new front/rear screens, frt armrest, s-line kit, cruise/DIS, B7 gearknob/aluminium trims, parking sensors, black grilles, RS4 RARB, S4 front end, black 18" RS6 alloys

Still waiting..... S4 rear bumper, exhaust tips, coilovers, leather recaro's.... phew...

1st Gear

Status
    I have an A4 1.9tdi Quattro avant and it's now o it's 3rd tank of diesel in my hands
    1st tank gave 44mpg average to the tank
    2nd tank gave 45mpg average to the tank
    3rd tank is currently showing 45mpg average with half a tank left to run

1st tank was a run up from bournemouth to Skipton and then running about, school runs ,shopping etc
    2nd tank was running about, shopping and a couple of 1hr runs at commuter pace.
    3rd tank is same as 2nd

If you drove like a saint then i dare say you could get it higher but for a big car and a 4wd one at that, it's a good average!, BTW, i don't have cruise control so with that it would improve further!

And also, come winter i'll have a huge smile on my face
    Last edited by bugwhizz; 15th July 2011 at 18:10. Reason: extra info

2nd Gear

Status
    I still have my A4Q 1.9tdi, around town mid 30s, on a run / motorway high 40s car is remapped and running 184bhp and seems to be better on fuel after the remap if driven like an old fart
    FOR SALE... 2007 Rns-e (sds), 2009 OEM bluetooth module, Flat bottom TTRS MFSW, steering wheel control module and slipring. All in Classifieds, Pm me if interested.

RS6 Avant, Milltek non res, Forge, ITG, Bilstein, Hotchkis.