AH FabricationsEM Tuning

Thread: esp light

Reverse Gear

Status

esp light

now and again when im driving my esp light comes on i turn the car of then restart it and it goes off for a bit, ive got a a4 190 s line manual, does anyone have any idea on what could be causing this please

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    I'm pretty sure it will be the brake pedal sensor it was the same with both mine and my dads cars hope this helps mate.

Jay

alcoholic pervert

Status
    I've had it come on when I had a (massively) under inflated tyre. I guess it read the difference in rotation speeds as slip or spin.

Neutral

Status
    This could be an ABS wheel sensor fault. Check using VAG com which reads the sensor outputs at low speed. A faulty sensor will be the one reading significantly different than the rest. Alternatively it could be that your steering wheel is off centre. This will cause the ESP light to come on because the steering angle sensor cannot pick up the correct reading. A 4 wheel alignment will usually cure this.

1st Gear

Status
    Had the exact same issue. A quick scan showed a faulty brake pedal switch. £10 from Audi and 5mins to change.

Neutral

Status
    Either that or the rear brake lights are dead.

I have had it numerous times. If you get the ESP and the "glow lamps" light on, if you're a diesel, at the same time, that could indicate all the rear brake lights are out or a dodgy connection.
    [.:: brixo ::.]
    2008 Audi A4 2.0 TDi 170 S Line SE Avant, Lava Grey, RNS-e, happy to be back to an Audi!
    2007 Porsche Cayman, 2.7 stock lump. Bought the wrong engine. Amazing chassis gone...
    Previous Audis - A3 1.8 SE, B5 A4 1.8T Sport, B6 A4 1.9TDi Sport, B5 S4 Avant, B7 A4 2.0TDI S Line, B6 S4 Avant...

Reverse Gear

Status
    ok thanks for the feed back i,ll have a try with the brake pedal switch then take it from there