Will this head unit fit my car ?????????

This is the older RNS-D unit are you sure this is what your looking for?

Why is it not that good???

Should i be looking for a RNS-E unit?? do the rns-e units have ipod adapters? whats the going rate for rns-e units

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheap plug but I also have my RNS-D unit for sale.... In the classifieds section.

that is the model for b6, rns-e is for a b7. the seller might have a b7. at £30 and if its still working, you could sell it on for atleast £100.

its worth adding that some people have upgraded to rns-e form rns-d.

the 2 units will do mostly the same job. try you tube reviews for both and decide on which one you prefer.

I have a mate that has a 2003 B6 S4 which has an RNS-E that was fitted from the factory.

An RNS-D is definately what you want mate, and I have one sitting right here with your name on it! ;)

Its advertised as spares or repair but thats because the guy hasn't got the right cable adaptor for it, that thing what audi has said to him is complete rubbish, its cheap enough but there is no comparison to the RNS-E, its got bigger screen, motorised screen, DVD drive, memory card slots etc etc.

Hummm, im getting tempted to get one.....So is the RNS-D a good headunit other then the sat-nav bit???

There is nothing wrong with the satnav bit on the RNS-D, it's got me everywhere where I've wanted to go without fail. Mine will be going on eBay over the weekend, at £150 for an OEM satnav it's cheap as chips IMO.

From what i can gather, the RNS-D does a good job but the RNS-E is the newer model, more updated with memory card slots etc.

I've just upgraded my B6 to an RNS-E as i thought if i'm spending the money, i may aswell buy the better kit and save messing about in the long run.

Your money and your choice though, which is basically what it boils down to at the end of the day.

Just read up on both units and make an informed decision, google search is your friend mate.

Both are compatible with 6 CD-Changer but they will only accept a single disk in the unit.

I would forget about the RNS-D, is a long since dead unit, even the mk1 RNS-E is end of life. Don't waste your money, get a few extra quid saved up and go for the mk1 RNS-E.

Both are compatible with 6 CD-Changer but they will only accept a single disk in the unit.

I would forget about the RNS-D, is a long since dead unit, even the mk1 RNS-E is end of life. Don't waste your money, get a few extra quid saved up and go for the mk1 RNS-E.

So your saying that the mk1 RNS-E is end of life, don't waste your money and save a few extra quid for a mk1 RNS-E.........

Is it me or does that not make much sense??

i bought my 2009 RNS-E off ebay from lithuania for £320 + delivery, then add £40 for the stereo adaptor cable, so all in you'd be lookin about £400, but it is well worth it.

Yep that's just what I'm saying . I would rather go for the mk1 rns-e, it still as third party developments like kufatec devices, Audi bluetooth, Fiscon etc etc don't see anything like that for the rns-d. Also maps are more detailed, updated poi from the latest map disk, no pi$$ing around buying disks if you use the car in Europe.

Do a search on kufatec ima, there are other solutions like the genuine Audi digital tv tuner this is available for the mk1 & 2 rns-e