EM TuningChris Nott
    2nd Gear

Status

Will this head unit fit my car ?????????

Hi all just wanted some advice, will this rns-e fit my B6 Audi A4 sport ?

I currentley have a double din symphony 2 in my car.

If yes what else would i need to get it working??

Cheers all....

AUDI NAVIGATION PLUS on eBay (end time 18-Jul-11 18:56:34 BST)
    A4 TDI SPORT with full leather and thats it as standard.Fitted by me.Remap,S-LINE BADGES.S4 Wing mirrors.DIS,Seat Cupra splitter.Rear parking sensors.5k hids+LED side lights+DRL lights+chrome indicator bulbs,amber fog lights.LED Xenon number plate bulbs,upper/lower front grills+boot strip in matt black.Ipod dock.19" BMW X5 SPORT CONCAVE ALLOYS,9 J FRONT 10 J REAR 20mm hub adapters front ET 28,18mm hub adapters rear ET 27.

TO DO.B5 spring perches.Renault rear diffuser?? S/S exhaust.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    This is the older RNS-D unit are you sure this is what your looking for?

2nd Gear

Status
    Why is it not that good???

Should i be looking for a RNS-E unit?? do the rns-e units have ipod adapters? whats the going rate for rns-e units

Any help would be much appreciated
    A4 TDI SPORT with full leather and thats it as standard.Fitted by me.Remap,S-LINE BADGES.S4 Wing mirrors.DIS,Seat Cupra splitter.Rear parking sensors.5k hids+LED side lights+DRL lights+chrome indicator bulbs,amber fog lights.LED Xenon number plate bulbs,upper/lower front grills+boot strip in matt black.Ipod dock.19" BMW X5 SPORT CONCAVE ALLOYS,9 J FRONT 10 J REAR 20mm hub adapters front ET 28,18mm hub adapters rear ET 27.

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    Cheap plug but I also have my RNS-D unit for sale.... In the classifieds section.
    B6 A4 2.5 V6 TDi Quattro Sport

Dolphin Grey I 210 BHP Remap I KW V1 Coilovers I 19"x9.5" all round BBS LM reps I RS4 Anti Roll Bar Kit I S4 Front and Rear Bumpers I Votex side skirts I S4 Aluminium Mirrors I S4 Rear Spoiler I S4 Style Tailpipes I USDM S4 licence plate blank I 6000k HID's I 18 SMD DRL's I Cupra R Splitter I Full RS4 black leather with white stitch optional bucket seat interior I RS4 black headlining I TT S Line FBMFSW I Aluminium Trim I Reverse camera I Full DIS I Cruise Control

1st Gear

Status
    that is the model for b6, rns-e is for a b7. the seller might have a b7. at £30 and if its still working, you could sell it on for atleast £100.

its worth adding that some people have upgraded to rns-e form rns-d.

the 2 units will do mostly the same job. try you tube reviews for both and decide on which one you prefer.

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    I have a mate that has a 2003 B6 S4 which has an RNS-E that was fitted from the factory.

Dolphin Grey I 210 BHP Remap I KW V1 Coilovers I 19"x9.5" all round BBS LM reps I RS4 Anti Roll Bar Kit I S4 Front and Rear Bumpers I Votex side skirts I S4 Aluminium Mirrors I S4 Rear Spoiler I S4 Style Tailpipes I USDM S4 licence plate blank I 6000k HID's I 18 SMD DRL's I Cupra R Splitter I Full RS4 black leather with white stitch optional bucket seat interior I RS4 black headlining I TT S Line FBMFSW I Aluminium Trim I Reverse camera I Full DIS I Cruise Control

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    An RNS-D is definately what you want mate, and I have one sitting right here with your name on it!

3rd Gear

Status
    Rns-e DVD with 2 x memory card slots will fit a B6 with double din stereo, you will need to get a wiring adaptor from kufatec they are about £35-£40 from germany i have fitted it in mine, with the wiring adaptor it takes minutes to fit.

Heres a link to the satnav Audi A4 S4 navigation RNS-E RNSE latest maps MINT! | eBay
    A4 1.8T 190 S-Line, Stage 2 Shark Performance Map 230 BHP, Pipercross Panel Filter, Forge 007 DV, Blue Flame Performance Exhaust + High Flow Sports Cat, 8k HID Lights, 8k HID Fog Lights, LED Sidelights, LED Number Plate, Front + Rear Ambient Lighting, LED Interior Bulbs, Grooved Dimpled Disks, Ultimax Pads, RNS-E DVD, Tinted Windows, S4 Grill, Votex Rear Skirt, BOSE, Leather, Engine Covers, S4 Mirrors, RS4 Pedals, Gloss Black Wrapped Grills, 19" BBS LM's Summer, 19" RS6's Winter, Coilovers

2nd Gear

Status
    Hummm, im getting tempted to get one.....So is the RNS-D a good headunit other then the sat-nav bit???

3rd Gear

Status
    Its advertised as spares or repair but thats because the guy hasn't got the right cable adaptor for it, that thing what audi has said to him is complete rubbish, its cheap enough but there is no comparison to the RNS-E, its got bigger screen, motorised screen, DVD drive, memory card slots etc etc.
    A4 1.8T 190 S-Line, Stage 2 Shark Performance Map 230 BHP, Pipercross Panel Filter, Forge 007 DV, Blue Flame Performance Exhaust + High Flow Sports Cat, 8k HID Lights, 8k HID Fog Lights, LED Sidelights, LED Number Plate, Front + Rear Ambient Lighting, LED Interior Bulbs, Grooved Dimpled Disks, Ultimax Pads, RNS-E DVD, Tinted Windows, S4 Grill, Votex Rear Skirt, BOSE, Leather, Engine Covers, S4 Mirrors, RS4 Pedals, Gloss Black Wrapped Grills, 19" BBS LM's Summer, 19" RS6's Winter, Coilovers

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by holmefield View Post
    Hummm, im getting tempted to get one.....So is the RNS-D a good headunit other then the sat-nav bit???
    There is nothing wrong with the satnav bit on the RNS-D, it's got me everywhere where I've wanted to go without fail. Mine will be going on eBay over the weekend, at £150 for an OEM satnav it's cheap as chips IMO.

1st Gear

Status
    From what i can gather, the RNS-D does a good job but the RNS-E is the newer model, more updated with memory card slots etc.

I've just upgraded my B6 to an RNS-E as i thought if i'm spending the money, i may aswell buy the better kit and save messing about in the long run.

Your money and your choice though, which is basically what it boils down to at the end of the day.

Just read up on both units and make an informed decision, google search is your friend mate.

Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    can the "D" unit take 6 CD's or the "E" unit ?

6th Gear

Status
    Both are compatible with 6 CD-Changer but they will only accept a single disk in the unit.

I would forget about the RNS-D, is a long since dead unit, even the mk1 RNS-E is end of life. Don't waste your money, get a few extra quid saved up and go for the mk1 RNS-E.

2nd Gear

Status
    How much should i pay for a mk 1 RNS-E then?

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by B5NUT View Post
    Both are compatible with 6 CD-Changer but they will only accept a single disk in the unit.

I would forget about the RNS-D, is a long since dead unit, even the mk1 RNS-E is end of life. Don't waste your money, get a few extra quid saved up and go for the mk1 RNS-E.
    So your saying that the mk1 RNS-E is end of life, don't waste your money and save a few extra quid for a mk1 RNS-E.........

Is it me or does that not make much sense??

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by holmefield View Post
    How much should i pay for a mk 1 RNS-E then?
    They tend to go for £300-£400

3rd Gear

Status
    i bought my 2009 RNS-E off ebay from lithuania for £320 + delivery, then add £40 for the stereo adaptor cable, so all in you'd be lookin about £400, but it is well worth it.

6th Gear

Status
    Yep that's just what I'm saying . I would rather go for the mk1 rns-e, it still as third party developments like kufatec devices, Audi bluetooth, Fiscon etc etc don't see anything like that for the rns-d. Also maps are more detailed, updated poi from the latest map disk, no pi$$ing around buying disks if you use the car in Europe.

Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    can you watch digital TV on it and how ?

6th Gear

Status
    Do a search on kufatec ima, there are other solutions like the genuine Audi digital tv tuner this is available for the mk1 & 2 rns-e

BahnStormer

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkster View Post
    can you watch digital TV on it and how ?
    definitely!! I have freeview+ and a full multimedia player in mine... they're about another £350 for the parts alone though!
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.