Monster MotorsportJMB Retrofits
    Reverse Gear

Status

New to VAG scene - advice on stage 2 needed

Hi, I have just joined.

Ive bought an Audi A4 Cab B6 2004 1.8T 2 weeks ago and I need some advice on stage 2 mapping

before I get the map I need to know if i have everything i need as I am brand new to the VAG scene (converted jap lover)

So far, I have been a busy guy I have fitted:
    Turbo Centre UK Hybrid KO3s/KO4 turbo
    225 440cc injectors
    front mount intercooler (ebay - £250 one)
    225 MAF
    Silicon TIP
    Forge 007p

Going to get a full exhaust system custom made

1) What is the best set up for exhaust going to be for me?

2) What is the best Induction system for my car - I have searched everywhere and can only come up with a K&N? I want a really nice one like a carbon intake type.

3) What else do I need before I get my stage 2 map done?

4) DO different suppliers of stage 2 maps vary dramatically?

Thanks alot for taking the time to read.....

2. # ADS
    ADS

BahnStormer

Status
    You might need to get somebody to build a map profile for you to take advantage of the hardware changes, in which case it would be a lot better to wait until after the exhaust and induciton are done.

Standard maps for standard hardware vary a little, but not normally THAT much... but once you start changing things like injectors and turbo's I assume you're aiming high (300bhp+?), in which case you need to ask the tuner what their definition of "custom" map is.... will they tune the map specifically for your vehicle over the course of several rolling road runs or will they just bung some variables into soem software and estimate what the best map is for your car?

A word of warning - most "custom" maps are the latter.

Curios as to why you decided to do that much work on a FWD 1.8T? Once you get to around 300bhp you will start having some traction problems...
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

1.8T Sport Cabriolet

Status
    Give JBS or Stealth Racing a phone call, they know there stuff.
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.

Status
    Hybrid K03/04 is not going to yield 300bhp more in the range of around 240bhp may be a little more so I think the injectors may be an over kill (386 TT units would have been fine) and you will not need the larger MAF as the stock unit would be able to cope with the extra power fine.

No induction kit will be needed as it will cope fine a goo flowing exhaust will yield good gains with a HFC unit to aid flow (have a look at 034 HFC, 12bhp gains to be had).

I would think a custom map would be a must as I'm unaware of any off the shelf maps for stage 2 in the UK.
    Black Audi RS4 2006 Exclusive edition, Black optic option (stock for now)

BahnStormer

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by docurley View Post
    Hybrid K03/04 is not going to yield 300bhp more in the range of around 240bhp may be a little more so I think the injectors may be an over kill (386 TT units would have been fine).
    I saw the injectors and assumed "big plans".... there's a guy draq racing a 1.8TQS that's pushing out about 400bhp that I **think** had something like 440cc injectors... but presumably a lot more in the way of forced induction

tbh, I wasn't paying that much attention, so may be WAY off
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

The're Graphite not black!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by docurley View Post
    Hybrid K03/04 is not going to yield 300bhp more in the range of around 240bhp may be a little more so I think the injectors may be an over kill (386 TT units would have been fine) and you will not need the larger MAF as the stock unit would be able to cope with the extra power fine.

No induction kit will be needed as it will cope fine a goo flowing exhaust will yield good gains with a HFC unit to aid flow (have a look at 034 HFC, 12bhp gains to be had).

I would think a custom map would be a must as I'm unaware of any off the shelf maps for stage 2 in the UK.
    Can get 240bhp on a standard K03s with a decent exhaust and good pannel filter with the right custom Map. Its all down to the software really to take advantage of the components you fitted. Another good tuner is Performance Torque. I can testify that they really do custom mapping, as i had 1st gear toned down on my old Leon to make things smoother.

Official Fan Club member No 001!!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Sorry not sure if they are 440cc i may be mixed up. i got them from an audi tt 225

Status
    Then they will be either 380 or 386 injectors depending on the year of the TT you got them from. 240bhp will be the low end with a expectation of around 254bhp max as the US struggle to get more then that out of a K04-15, so a K03 with a few K04 bits bolted in is not going to fair any better then a K04.
    Black Audi RS4 2006 Exclusive edition, Black optic option (stock for now)