cab roof problem

bowen

Reaction score
Hello,

after fixing my waterpump and clutch switch i thought my car was all better.....

I attempted to put the roof down when it just stopped, the roof storage lid hadnt opened at all. I tried to manually open the roof but when it came to closing the storge lid, it wouldnt go all the way down and lock. Now when i start the car i get 10 flashes of the roof light?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sounds like its not fully locked and hence out of sync. Try a full manual open and close on level ground. The procedure is in the handbook and there is a really good video on YouTube to.

Fully close the roof and remove the fuse (fuse 30) on my cab, wait 30 sec replace the fuse. It worked for me hope it works for you.
Cheers
Paul

Hello,

after fixing my waterpump and clutch switch i thought my car was all better.....

I attempted to put the roof down when it just stopped, the roof storage lid hadnt opened at all. I tried to manually open the roof but when it came to closing the storge lid, it wouldnt go all the way down and lock. Now when i start the car i get 10 flashes of the roof light?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Hello bowen, if the storage compartment is not opening up at all (and you have not fault codes) then it could be the latching mechanism for the storage compartment. However if the interlocks are working but your hydraulics are failing then your hydraulic motor needs a clean. I've put this guide together hope it helps

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s...et-soft-top-roof-hood-motor-repair-guide.html