Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

Control Module for Injection Pump (J399) - Audi A4, 2.5Tdi, Avant 2002, B6

Hi Guys,

I don't get to the forum very often so apologies for not posting / adding to many threads.

I have an Audi A4, 2.5TDi, Avant, 2002 that has been suffering from, lack of power, occassional misfiring low down in 2nd and 3rd gears, smoking when misfiring...

The diagnosis is ...............Control Module for Injection Pump (J399) and the price for a new injection pump is £1,800 odd quid or £500 for a refurb...

The car is now making a heavy misfiring sound on tick-over and a friend reckons that my problem is actually a faulty / failed injector but i could do with throwing this out for any help that anyone may have...

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    It 'could' be either .....

Injectors aren't cheap though...... depending on your friends ability I'd be tempted to go with the garages diagnosis.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

3rd Gear

Status
    I had a similar problem with my B5 2.5TDi Calling 2.5TDi Electronauts!.
    I sent both pump and injectors to Diesel Bob, and he refurbed them both for about £500. His prices depend on what needs doing, but it made my wifes' Avant better!
    1999 A4 B5 1.9 TDi FWD Saloon, Green SOLD
    2000 A4 B5 2.5 TDi Quattro Avant, Maroon, 'Panzer' Plated (currently sporting wrecked engine - and gearbox )
    2000 A4 B5 2.5 TDi Quattro Saloon, Blue, 'Panzer' Plated, Cruise Control retrofitted, OEM 6 Disc Changer retrofitted
    2006 A6 Allroad 3.0 TDi Blue, awaiting stuff to be done!

Reverse Gear

Status
    It could be your needle lift sensor which I think is part of No2 injector, its one of the injectors @ the o/s bank cyl 1 2 3, its the only one with a wire coming from it.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by seanr View Post
    Hi Guys,

I don't get to the forum very often so apologies for not posting / adding to many threads.

I have an Audi A4, 2.5TDi, Avant, 2002 that has been suffering from, lack of power, occassional misfiring low down in 2nd and 3rd gears, smoking when misfiring...

The diagnosis is ...............Control Module for Injection Pump (J399) and the price for a new injection pump is £1,800 odd quid or £500 for a refurb...

The car is now making a heavy misfiring sound on tick-over and a friend reckons that my problem is actually a faulty / failed injector but i could do with throwing this out for any help that anyone may have...

Thanks
    I would do a scan first then take the rocker covers off and look for dislodged rocker arms. If the cams are badly worn then they can fail and get chewed by the engine wich may damage the heads... As sugested, needle lift sensor (built in the 3rd injector) can also effect the iddle and power delivery but also the control module of the pump.
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi Guys,

thanks for the replies. just got the car back from a proper diag session and the probs worse than I thought:

The cam under cylinder 4 is well worn and as such the valve is not opening properly (Pressure blowing the wrong way).
    The cam under cylinder 2 is also very well worn and has caused the rockers to jump out of position and snap two followers. (like you diagonosed Adam)
    There's also a hairline crack around one of the injectors..

All in all the prices i';m getting for Cams / followers and hydrolic's is around the £1,200 mark without labour ...

The car's going in for a 2nd opinion tomorrow but, I've got tears in my ears..