Front (RHS) Window Regulator replacement

necroeire

Reaction score
Hi all,
My drivers side front wondow stopped this evening with a nice sounding ping, so I took the door apart and found a snapped cable that looks like a bicycle brake cable. So after some searching I found a very nice write up here to do a full Window Regulator replacement, however this is the passenger side for us here in UK and Ireland.

I'm wondering if anyone knows the part number for the drivers side? The write up has passenger side for us.

Also the write up is for the full replacement going for approx £140 (€150), however on flea bay there are replacement kits that don't have the uprights like this one.
Just search for "AUDI A4 B6/B7 ELECTRIC WINDOW REGULATOR" if link goes down.
Has anyone used one of these? Do you know to fit this one?
Thanks guys

1 day and no replies....this place is really going down the swanny, a few years back you'd post a question and it would be answered in minutes. Surely someone here has ETKA or something like that to look up a part number!

they sell them on ebay. the whole kit for around $60 US

I have the hole top section complete with glass if your intersted woud be easier to fit then getting the repair kit

Thanks for advice guys, @amar06fbr - was only looking for aprt number for the regulator kit like in the post I linked to. However I did take docurley's advice and bought a repair kit from flea bay, so I'll see how hard it is to fit it. I'll update here when I'm done :)
Cheers all.

Hi all,
I purchased a repair kit from eBay and fitted it a few weeks back. After a few days I heard another PING and a crunch. So back to square one again.
I opened the door up and found that the metal bit that stops the cable from coming out of the regulator had broken. That'll teach me for buying a cheap part from ebay (just cable and spool)

So then I bought a new part with the arms and all from veedubmachine.co.uk who were very good and sent the part super fast, fitted this and it works perfectly.....apart from the bloomin window closing then opening up again about two inches. I thought it was the auto pinch so checked all the runners etc and they are fine.
In the Haynes manual it says about resetting the window position, but this doesn't work as windows comes back down again ***!!!!