wheel & suspenion help :)

dannyjb

Reaction score
hi, im after changing my wheels on my 2004 a4 tdi (130)

but im fancying either mercedes wheels or porsche ones.. will these just fit straight on or do i need adapters? also im thinking of sticking to 18's or do i go for 19's?

also im going to lower the car on coilovers, how low can i go without it catchin or rubbing.

The Porsche wheels will need adaptors but depending on what Merc wheels you get they should go straight on.

18's will be the more comfortable option and also better for handling.

That's the joy of coilovers, adjust them until it rubs then wind them back up slightly.

Damian @ DPM Performance

thanks for your reply... im thinking of scrapping th idea on the porsche wheels... found a set of 18" merc wheels so will probs go with them :)

a carefully planned ET & tyre size and you can go pretty much as low as you'd want.

thanks, im useless when it comes to the et etc n what to fit :S what would you recommend? im sticking to 18's now but want mercedes wheels.

Et 35 will fill the arch and you can go quite low but anything below 35 and you may need more planning and work depends on how low you want to go

i found some mercedes wheels i like these are the fittings
2 X 8.5 X 19" 5X112 ET35 ALLOY WHEELS,
2 X 9.5 X 19" 5X112 ET35 ALLOY WHEELS.

will these wheels be fine on my a4.. im getting coilovers so can adjust the height to suit the wheels

i found some mercedes wheels i like these are the fittings
2 X 8.5 X 19" 5X112 ET35 ALLOY WHEELS,
2 X 9.5 X 19" 5X112 ET35 ALLOY WHEELS.

will these wheels be fine on my a4.. im getting coilovers so can adjust the height to suit the wheels

They'll be fine mate.