Chris NottVolks Autos

Thread: Stereo Help

Reverse Gear

Status

Stereo Help

Well, i have been doing a lot of research and i am finally getting to the bottom of things. I want to install a Parrott MKi9000 into my 2004 A4 sport, the main reason for the music capabilities, now i have a concert system with bose so that obviously throws up issues... My question though is how do i know if i have a fully amplified or partly amplified system? This seems to make a difference to what conection lead i will need.

Also can't find how to get the headunit out if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

James
    Last edited by Jimmer111; 5th July 2011 at 14:31.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmer111 View Post
    My question though is how do i know if i have a fully amplified or partly amplified system? This seems to make a difference to what conection lead i will need.

Also can't find how to get the headunit out if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

James
    I think the BOSE system is fully amplified.

You will need some keys to remove the stereo like these: RADIO REMOVAL KEYS/TOOLS FOR AUDI/VW/SEAT/BECKER CAR STEREOS: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

The keys go into the 2 slots at the bottom of the stereo. Sometimes the stereo doesnt want to come out with the keys, so you can remove the glovebox (its only 6 8mm bolts, 3 inside the glovebox and 3 underneath) and push the stereo from behind with the keys in.
    Audi A4 B7 1.9TDi SE | Auto Lights, Wipers & Dimming Mirror | Cruise Control | DIS

Mod's so far: Ambient light, Cupra R splitter, 4300k HID's, Painted Brake Calipers & Hubs, Dice Electronics iPod & Aux, Leather Armrest, Interior, Sidelight & Number Plate LED's, Curry Hooks, Tie Downs, Ambient Footwell LED's, Footwell Lights, Shadow Chrome S-Line (RS6) wheels, Mudflaps, Votex Rear Diffuser, RS4 Rear ARB

1.8T Sport Cabriolet

Status
    I had exactly the same issue when I attempted to fit a Parrot Mki9200 to my previous car, 2001 TT with the amplified stereo. I contacted a company called Just car Kits, located in Slough. I ordered the wiring loom for my car which cost £100, I still couldn't get it to work properly so drove down and had the bloke fit it for me. In the end he needed to change a bit of the wiring for it to work fully, I ended selling the car a few months later so removed it anyway. I still have the complete loom available if you need it mate, I would give them a call mate as they are very helpful.
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.