Chris NottSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

18" wheels for my avant 2001

Hi all
    First post so here goes!
    I have a 2001 a4 avant which is the same shape as a b6 but sometimes i see that it falls into b5 categories?!?
    I have the flat 5 spoke 16" wheels with et 42 offset, ive seen some rs6 style wheels which i lilke but are et29, will they still fit?
    Any help will be much appreciated!

2. # ADS
    ADS

BahnStormer

Status
    nah some B5's were only registered in 2001 (later if you include RS4's), but B6's started in 2000....

post some pics and we'll confirm.

ET29 will be a tight fit, but provided you DON'T use the A6 tyres and it's not lowered it will probably fit okay.... I believe that some people are running ET35 offset with 235/40/18 rubber.... so I'm guessing you could run ET29 with 225/40/18.
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinking View Post
    Hi all
    First post so here goes!
    I have a 2001 a4 avant which is the same shape as a b6 but sometimes i see that it falls into b5 categories?!?
    I have the flat 5 spoke 16" wheels with et 42 offset, ive seen some rs6 style wheels which i lilke but are et29, will they still fit?
    Any help will be much appreciated!
    Hi and welome,nice to get annother avant owner,i am also having the wheel dilemma,what we all need is conformation of what 18's with what offset will fill the arches nicely.
    A4 AVANT 1.9TDI 130 SPORT:
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA

Reverse Gear

Status
    Its the same shape as cars up to 04, the tyres are 235 wide , might just bite the bullet and get a set of replicas off ebay with new tyres, i got 3 on the slick side so thought it would be a good time to upgrade.
    My missus will make them kiss the kerb no doubt but it looks crap standard!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for the welcome, think its time to make it look a bit better as gonna hold on to it for a couple of years now, colour coding and window tints in the pipeline!

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    I have ET35 now and the stance is good. I'm sure you could probably drop to 32/33 but 29 is pushing it I'd think as there would be a lot of rear tyre outside the arch. B7 RS4's run 29 I 'think' and look at the arches there!
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I've got a early b6 on a shape change, and have 18" 5 spoke rs6 wheels on it.

Reverse Gear

Status
    My tyre size is 225/45/18.I have a unrepairable puncture, i'll be changing my tyre in the week .I'll note the offset.

Status

My Social Networking

It will be ET43 if they're original A4 wheels.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks everyone, i gotta trust her with it so making wider wont help with width restrictions! It made a big difference to my transporter when i put bmw x5 wheels on it, suddenly i had to start breathing in on tight gaps!!!

BahnStormer

Status
    those tyres will rub: 45 profile on 18's is too high.
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

Reverse Gear

Status
    my wheels arent genuine but are et47 and rubber is 225/40r18 not 45 as previously stated.

BahnStormer

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly A4 View Post
    my wheels arent genuine but are et47 and rubber is 225/40r18 not 45 as previously stated.
    That sounds better.... I though that A4's had 225mm wide rubber as OEM, but the S4's had 235mm wide.... regardless, 235mm wide works perfectly and still has the speedo, etc spot on.
    LostBok/BahnStormer77

The're Graphite not black!!

Status
    Standard is 235 on 17 inch rims even on sport wheels. I have been running 225/40/18 with and ET33 for a few thousand miles now and i put a lot of weight in the boot no problems.

Official Fan Club member No 001!!

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by lostbok View Post
    That sounds better.... I though that A4's had 225mm wide rubber as OEM, but the S4's had 235mm wide....
    The first B6 to have 18's as standard (exc S4) was the S-Line, and I'm pretty sure that came with 235's from the factory.

1st Gear

Status
    I have 18's 8" et 32 on the front with plenty of room, and on the rear 9.5"et 28with about 3/4" of poke, a standard 8" / 8 1/2" wheel et 29 will fit easy.
    Silver A4 wagon on porsche splits

BahnStormer

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    The first B6 to have 18's as standard (exc S4) was the S-Line, and I'm pretty sure that came with 235's from the factory.
    I though they had, but I was told off a few months ago for saying that 235mm was OEM standard: somebody was insistant that S-Lines came with 225mm as standard.... in hindsight, maybe that person was just being stingey and buying cheaper tyres
    LostBok/BahnStormer77

Status

My Social Networking

Probably just trying to convince themselves! I'm pretty sure it's 235, but unless anyone here has had theirs since new we'll probably never know!

190 S LINE QUATTRO

Status
    Can confirm the S-Lines came standard with 235/40/18, well thats what my 2004 1.8T Quattro s-line is running with the 5 spoke RS4 alloys and the offset i think is 43. I have noticed the replicas for sale on e bay are running 225 wide so maybe its a narrower rim or different offset.

Also the Audi A3 wheels that look the same are different as well, offset and width.

The're Graphite not black!!

Status
    With replacement wheels its likely to be simple economics, 235 tyres are not as common as 225 so they cost more!! If your trying to build a package and want to be competetive, its an easy way to do it.

Official Fan Club member No 001!!