A4 or BMW 3-Series

11 out of 12 woohoo..... Test drove a 3 a while back, being picky maybe but I prefer the cabin materials in my Audi much more.

100% I'd say the styling differences are fairly easy to tell apart. I never owned a bmw and only one audi which I currently drive.

10 out of 12, but rushed it...:cool:
i very nearly bought a 330d sport coupe once but the annual poor weather turned me off at the last minute, especially when my mate got stuck in the snow in his 5 series. Interior in an audi is different class imo.

same here.... VERY nearly went 330d.... then saw one sliding backward down a hill in the ice at about the same time somebody pointed out that I should sit in each for a little while.... only thing I don't like about the B6's are the steering wheels, but the R8 is my favourite all time steering wheel... just a shame the rest of the car was out of my price range...

S4's are ET45 and do a decent job of filling the arches on OEM 235/40/18 rubber on my A4 Quattro Sport.

I think that ET35 would still be okay, especially with 225 width rubber.

same here.... VERY nearly went 330d.... then saw one sliding backward down a hill in the ice at about the same time somebody pointed out that I should sit in each for a little while.... only thing I don't like about the B6's are the steering wheels, but the R8 is my favourite all time steering wheel... just a shame the rest of the car was out of my price range...

how many cars that were stranded in the snow/ice were beemers....... got a calculator..lol
i love the rs4 steering wheel with the aluminium flat bottom.....lovely jubbly.
mind you i read the thread about the b7 steering wheel conversion- did look very nice, but i guess at a price.

.... at a price.

Parts are about £600, even from the cheapest fleabay suppliers (Eastern Europe).... now it's over £800 just for the wheel direct from Audi.... I got mine done as soon as those wheels came out (about 3 years ago!), but it was supplied and fitted, incl airbag, slip ring, wiring loom and all coded to get all the MF features to work for about £850 in the end... inflation is a beeyatitch.

All I can say is that you're not gonna find many 10yr old Beemers looking like this inside!

Parts are about £600, even from the cheapest fleabay suppliers (Eastern Europe).... now it's over £800 just for the wheel direct from Audi.... I got mine done as soon as those wheels came out (about 3 years ago!), but it was supplied and fitted, incl airbag, slip ring, wiring loom and all coded to get all the MF features to work for about £850 in the end... inflation is a beeyatitch.

All I can say is that you're not gonna find many 10yr old Beemers looking like this inside!

yeah, looks fantastic pal, doesnt the rs4 wheel have the aluminium flat bottom though, anyway still looks great,all you need now is the RS4 bucket seats and a V8 soundtrack.......
icon14.png

It's the R8 wheel... my mate has the R8 V10 Spyder and it's identical :)

nice...lucky mate....has he just won the euromillions......i've been dreaming about all the cars i would buy with £161million, oh well, back to reality, i'm sure whoever has won will enjoy.....not jealous of course...:sob:

:think: My post has disappeared!!! I did this and got 9/12 and posted it on here. Anyway 9/12 :redface:

I think this thread was also running in a couple of the other sections, maybe you posted in there?

Ahh right, I'm not cracking up then lol.................open to debate i suppose :jester:

nice...lucky mate....has he just won the euromillions......i've been dreaming about all the cars i would buy with £161million, oh well, back to reality, i'm sure whoever has won will enjoy.....not jealous of course...:sob:

That's his "open top run-about".... he's also got a Gallardo for the more hardcore driving and his "country car" for when he wants to lug his mountainbikes around is a B8 S4 Avant... apparently the Lambo garage wasn't impressed when he told them he wanted to fit a tow-bar for the bike rack, whcih is why he bought the S4 :) I'm still hoping that if I keep pointing out that he should have gone for an S5 Sportback for lugging mountain bikes around... then he'll flog off the S4 at a knock-down price... to me :)

Like you said.... it's alright for some....