PLEASE HELP - have noise in my clutch when it's pressed down???

lochandubh07

Reaction score
is this due to release bearings ? need to change them asap and how much are they?

sounds like it.... to get to the clutch release bearings you need to get to the clutch, so not a cheap job. Chances are in most cases is your release barings are going your clutch is probably on its way out (not in all cases or not in the very early days of your release baring becomming noisey though), it is something thats done though when your clutch is changed.

Whats your current milage and when was the clutch last changed?

it's a nightmare, only got this car 2 weeks ago....mileage is 77kmiles? can't see if it got changed before :( are we talking like it's going to be near 1K to fix or so :(

the engine is 2.0 and it's a4 08? thanks for your help here...am shaking i have to pay out more on this :(

as with swarcup as i said, just because it has become noisy doesnt mean you need to replace it immediately or anything it just shows that it is approaching its "used" time. The main question is how is the biting point on your clutch? Is it very high? if not I wouldnt worry about it. For some reason 85k stands out as a rough clutch change time- but ultimatley its when your clutch starts to slip.

As for cost see here Affordable servicing < Servicing with Audi < Owners area < Audi UK

I wouldnt worry about it mate.

Hi guys, thanks for the replies...it's B6 i think...it's an Audi 2008 made in March 2008?

i think am on the wrong forum am i LOL...i am a female though, learning here haha

It could be a B7 or B8 for that year, I hope you find the right answer!