A few silly and easy to answer questions

Grangey.

Reaction score
Hi all,

Well, im glad to say I put a deposit down on a mint B6 today which I should be collecting this week. So as Im shortly to be a new owner, I just wanted to ask a few things:

First all, how do I tell if I have DIS? When test driving I noticed the screen was in 3 sections, the middle of which was displaying the outside temperature. Now ive seen other pictures of this showing the car chassis (to indicate a door being open etc), so can I assume I have DIS?

Mine comes with the double din 6 cd changer unit- I dont suppose these play mp3 cds do they?

I didnt get a chance to properly play with the dash etc as I was too overwhelmed by how new it all looked- so the 3 buttons each side of the dials (ie check, spanner, +, -, etc)- what do these do?

and finally (for now) at what mileage should the clutch be changed? The car has 62k on it currently and the clutch felt fine but just wanted to check for my own sake when this is due?

Many thanks
Grangey

Grangey, welcome mate, enjoy the car.
DIS - Check the wiper stalk, there will be a two directional button on the very end of it if you have DIS otherwise the info pannel will just display range and temp unless it has been coded to display another of the calculations.

6 Disc changer will not even play computer written cds let alone MP3..

Spanner tells you when service is due. +&- adjust clock settings, but also dimming on lights when driving.

No such thing as a stupid question, but you will get some stupid answers.

MAtt

My symphony II plays CDs burned on iTunes.

Great thanks guys, il leave thanks when I'm back on the pc.

On the DIS front i remember now it also showed the radio station if that gives any more clues? If not maybe a more appropriate question would be what does DIS display that non DIS doesn't?

Quite dissapointing that it appears its hit and miss playing ripped CDs- thanks for the iTunes heads up though. I'm a very techy person with this sort of stuff so il figure out a way to get it working and let you all know, there WILL be a way round it- still, a shame no mp3 support though, looks like the rnse with touch screen and in car pc project may come sooner than i first thought!

Thanks again, no doubt il have othe questions soon enough! :)

Full DIS shows:

• DTE
  • Ave speed
  • Ave mpg
  • Time
  • Instant mpg
There are 2 memories, one which is cumulative, and one which resets when the cars is stopped for 2 hours or more. The toggle switch on the end scrolls between functions, and there's a button underneath the stalk to switch between memories, this also turns the whole centre display off.

What have you bought?

Can defo play CDs burned on a PC as long as you burn them as music CDs and not as MP3 data CDs.

get a phatbox to play mp3's on.
DIS will display things like journey time, mpg, average mpg, average speed, range etc... if you've non dis it will only display range

A clutch isn't a routine service item mate. You just change it when its cream crackered. Enjoy your car.:sm4: