JMB RetrofitsChris Nott
    1st Gear

Status

A few silly and easy to answer questions

Hi all,

Well, im glad to say I put a deposit down on a mint B6 today which I should be collecting this week. So as Im shortly to be a new owner, I just wanted to ask a few things:

First all, how do I tell if I have DIS? When test driving I noticed the screen was in 3 sections, the middle of which was displaying the outside temperature. Now ive seen other pictures of this showing the car chassis (to indicate a door being open etc), so can I assume I have DIS?

Mine comes with the double din 6 cd changer unit- I dont suppose these play mp3 cds do they?

I didnt get a chance to properly play with the dash etc as I was too overwhelmed by how new it all looked- so the 3 buttons each side of the dials (ie check, spanner, +, -, etc)- what do these do?

and finally (for now) at what mileage should the clutch be changed? The car has 62k on it currently and the clutch felt fine but just wanted to check for my own sake when this is due?

Many thanks
    Grangey

2. # ADS
    ADS

The're Graphite not black!!

Status
    Grangey, welcome mate, enjoy the car.
    DIS - Check the wiper stalk, there will be a two directional button on the very end of it if you have DIS otherwise the info pannel will just display range and temp unless it has been coded to display another of the calculations.

6 Disc changer will not even play computer written cds let alone MP3..

Spanner tells you when service is due. +&- adjust clock settings, but also dimming on lights when driving.

No such thing as a stupid question, but you will get some stupid answers.

MAtt

Official Fan Club member No 001!!

Neutral

Status
    My symphony II plays CDs burned on iTunes.

5th Gear

Status
    as for the clutch, when it starts to judder/slip

1st Gear

Status
    Great thanks guys, il leave thanks when I'm back on the pc.

On the DIS front i remember now it also showed the radio station if that gives any more clues? If not maybe a more appropriate question would be what does DIS display that non DIS doesn't?

Quite dissapointing that it appears its hit and miss playing ripped CDs- thanks for the iTunes heads up though. I'm a very techy person with this sort of stuff so il figure out a way to get it working and let you all know, there WILL be a way round it- still, a shame no mp3 support though, looks like the rnse with touch screen and in car pc project may come sooner than i first thought!

Thanks again, no doubt il have othe questions soon enough! :-)

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Full DIS shows:

• DTE
    • Ave speed
    • Ave mpg
    • Time
    • Instant mpg
    There are 2 memories, one which is cumulative, and one which resets when the cars is stopped for 2 hours or more. The toggle switch on the end scrolls between functions, and there's a button underneath the stalk to switch between memories, this also turns the whole centre display off.

What have you bought?
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

1st Gear

Status
    B6 saloon 1.9 tdi 130 sport with votex kit :-)

3rd Gear

Status
    Can defo play CDs burned on a PC as long as you burn them as music CDs and not as MP3 data CDs.
    2003 A4 Cab 2.4 V6 Manual / 43k miles genuine woohoo (on a 10 year old car lol) / Ebony Black Metallic / Full Grey Leather / Fully Electric Seats / Heated Seats / Interior Light Pack / Cruise / Wood / Bose Symphony II / Black roof

1st Gear

Status
    get some pics up when you get it man...
    "I've never been in America... but I was in some state last night"

1st Gear

Status
    get a phatbox to play mp3's on.
    DIS will display things like journey time, mpg, average mpg, average speed, range etc... if you've non dis it will only display range
    2.5 tdi Quattro sport - PhatBox - DIS - Cruise - RS4 ARB - Remap - and a few other minor mods/retrofits
    2.0 TFSI A4 b7 cab - completely std for now... (the wife's car)

5th Gear

Status
    A clutch isn't a routine service item mate. You just change it when its cream crackered. Enjoy your car.
    2012 RNSe Navigation Discs with unit software update. PM me.

Suzuki GSX-R 750 K5

A4 S-Line. Mods so far; Cruise, DIS, Mk2 RNS-e, Audi 6 CD changer, XcarLink with self manufactured permanent ipod dock, B8 MFSW, Dectane Dayline Headlights with independantly switched DRL's, RS4 Rear ARB, De-badged, RS4 pedals, HIDS, RS4 front grille and RS4 style fog surrounds, LCR splitter in Satin Black, Rear Park Assist, LED gearknob, Red footwell lighting, Kitchen sink and Shower cubicle.