JOM coilovers on audi a4 saloon SE b6

Daryl28

Reaction score
fitted some JOM coilovers a couple of weeks back for my audi A4 2002 tdi saloon.

Had originally bought lowering springs but realised that the 45mm rear lowering wasnt going to be low enough to give the look i wanted.

so I went to great lengths to make sure I had the correct tyres and wheels and coilovers so that the tops of the tyres were obscured by the wheel arch showing maybe 5-10mm of tyre at the top edge on 19 inch a5 alloys. specifically got the correct curved tyres so I could lower enough and still fit in the arches when turning etc....they took ages to arrive and it was alot of hassle to arrange.

So when I ordered the coilovers I was after some a fk street 4 coilover set which lowered upto 100mm which would easily be low enough for my needs, I specifically showed pictures of cars i wanted to emulate and was told that fk streets were the ones. Unfortunately the company that advised me didn't have any in stock and I looked around other companies. There wasn't any in the whole country but a second company suggested I use JOM four coilover set instead which they said were better and they had in stock. They were meant to lower the car up to 100mm on all four corners. Before I purchased I asked no less than four times to make sure they lowered the car up to 100mm on the rear, and was absolutely assured they did FOUR times.

Well the coilovers have now been fitted which cost me 350 to fit plus 250 for the coilovers!!!

and for that at their LOWEST setting on the rear they lower the car 20mm... 20MM!!!!

Needless to say I am absolutely furious... absolutely pointless to put them on... just think, at their highest setting the the car would sit 80mm higher than normal ride height so something is severely wrong!!!

Am going to go back to the company I bought them from but before I do I need to ask a few questions on here.

Has anybody had experience of this before? (I know there was one guy who fitted JOM's but it was lowering springs on the rear and mine are coilovers on all four corners)

If anybody has experience of this how did you resolve it? without the ridiculous thing of putting bags of cement in the boot?

I was assured by the people I bought them from that the car would lower after about 4 days... well 2 weeks later and 1200 miles is enough to break them in and still only 20mm lowering!!!

I will expect my 600 quid back at the very least and for the company to pay to fix them or for a garage to take them off ...

i will see how it pans out and hopefully the company I bought them from will be reasonable and if they are then so I will be as well.

any advice on this issue will be greatly appreciated though.

cheers

D

Reactions: Widemonkeys
joms at £250 you can get them for £169 on the bay
and to be honest they are the budget of all budget coils iv ever come across
as for them only going down 20mm they quote 20mm to 60mm and some 30mm to 75mm put the model numbers up ?
also £350 to fit where did you have them fitted

also my advise would be to DO your own reserch on what your buying as the sellers will tell you anything to get a sale
google is a few keystrokes away and tells you what you need to know
could have saved you a lot of problems

wow, your a perfect customer.

JOMs are ****e, had some on my golf tdi. for a week.