EM TuningMonster Motorsport
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    2nd Gear

Status

REAR PARKING SENSORS, whos had them retro-fitted ??????

Hi all just a quick one, im thinking about getting some rear parking sensors fitted to my car but although i've seen them for sale on Ebay i dont feel its something i'd like to do myself.

How much does it cost to get them fitted somewhere, and hows had it done + the big question do they work properly??

Cheers All....
    A4 TDI SPORT with full leather and thats it as standard.Fitted by me.Remap,S-LINE BADGES.S4 Wing mirrors.DIS,Seat Cupra splitter.Rear parking sensors.5k hids+LED side lights+DRL lights+chrome indicator bulbs,amber fog lights.LED Xenon number plate bulbs,upper/lower front grills+boot strip in matt black.Ipod dock.19" BMW X5 SPORT CONCAVE ALLOYS,9 J FRONT 10 J REAR 20mm hub adapters front ET 28,18mm hub adapters rear ET 27.

TO DO.B5 spring perches.Renault rear diffuser?? S/S exhaust.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Can't help with how they work but the garage I got my car from (fontain motors) supply, paint and fit for £299, they look pretty neat too, I was expecting big ugly bumps sticking out the bumper.

1st Gear

Status
    Fitted these to mine also fitted them to around a dozen cars now , off ebay bout £15 ,dead easy come with hole saw and plug and play just connect to earth and reversing wire in back light ,dead easy

2nd Gear

Status
    There does seem to be quite a difference in both price and fit/build quality.

I've seen some horrible looking aftermarket ones, id like some that look like there meant to be there..
    A4 TDI SPORT with full leather and thats it as standard.Fitted by me.Remap,S-LINE BADGES.S4 Wing mirrors.DIS,Seat Cupra splitter.Rear parking sensors.5k hids+LED side lights+DRL lights+chrome indicator bulbs,amber fog lights.LED Xenon number plate bulbs,upper/lower front grills+boot strip in matt black.Ipod dock.19" BMW X5 SPORT CONCAVE ALLOYS,9 J FRONT 10 J REAR 20mm hub adapters front ET 28,18mm hub adapters rear ET 27.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by davsa4 View Post
    Fitted these to mine also fitted them to around a dozen cars now , off ebay bout £15 ,dead easy come with hole saw and plug and play just connect to earth and reversing wire in back light ,dead easy

REALLY there that CHEAP/ easy to fit, even i think i could fit them, is that £15 per sensor im guessing it is?

Have you got a link to the ones you got DAVSA4 ????

This could be my new project now that i've finished my hids set up....

1st Gear

Status
    £15 all in including postage ,delivered within a couple of days ,even jet washed car with no problems dead esy to fit and look as if they should be there

Reversing Parking Sensor 4 Sensor Audio Buzzer Alarm UK | eBay UK

3rd Gear

Status
    really easy to fit and makes reversing alot easier especially with the big ass on an a4, the hardest bit is marking up and spacing of where you want the holes, everything else is simples.....
    A4 1.8T 190 S-Line, Stage 2 Shark Performance Map 230 BHP, Pipercross Panel Filter, Forge 007 DV, Blue Flame Performance Exhaust + High Flow Sports Cat, 8k HID Lights, 8k HID Fog Lights, LED Sidelights, LED Number Plate, Front + Rear Ambient Lighting, LED Interior Bulbs, Grooved Dimpled Disks, Ultimax Pads, RNS-E DVD, Tinted Windows, S4 Grill, Votex Rear Skirt, BOSE, Leather, Engine Covers, S4 Mirrors, RS4 Pedals, Gloss Black Wrapped Grills, 19" BBS LM's Summer, 19" RS6's Winter, Coilovers

2nd Gear

Status
    £15 all in including postage ,delivered within a couple of days ,even jet washed car with no problems dead esy to fit and look as if they should be there

I've just been looking @ these with the link you sent me, do you have to take the rear bumper off to fit them?

1st Gear

Status
    no fitment can be done with bumper in place just check and double check position of reinforcing bar behind bumper so as not to drill where this touches the bumper ,can be seen from under the car.

dav

6th Gear

Status
    Nice price

3rd Gear

Status
    I managed to buy the same kit Audi use on retrofits on eBay for £30, it's actually a cobra kit. The rear bumper is marked on the inside where to drill the holes. There is also a PDF guide how to do the install, I will upload it soon if you like.

This is what I bought, not fitted it yet. Audi sell it for £180 quid haha !

Cobra Parking Sensors (4 Eye Rear ParkMaster A0158) | eBay UK
    Last edited by Cabbyfan; 26th June 2011 at 09:44.
    2003 A4 Cab 2.4 V6 Manual / 43k miles genuine woohoo (on a 10 year old car lol) / Ebony Black Metallic / Full Grey Leather / Fully Electric Seats / Heated Seats / Interior Light Pack / Cruise / Wood / Bose Symphony II / Black roof

5th Gear

Status
    as above fitted them on mine, remove the rear bumper as this will make it a lot easier, plus you can then see where the marks are to drill the bumper, fitted a load of rear park and a handfull of front park sensors

these are laserline ones:

same kit fitted to the works caddy van with a few more pics aswell:

this is the kit that ive fitted:

NEW LASERLINE 4 SENSOR REAR PARKING SYSTEM EPS 4006 | eBay UK

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbyfan View Post
    I managed to buy the same kit Audi use on retrofits on eBay for £30, it's actually a cobra kit. The rear bumper is marked on the inside where to drill the holes. There is also a PDF guide how to do the install, I will upload it soon if you like.

This is what I bought, not fitted it yet. Audi sell it for £180 quid haha !

Cobra Parking Sensors (4 Eye Rear ParkMaster A0158) | eBay UK
    Yep PDF guide would be a big help.... Cheers

2nd Gear

Status
    no fitment can be done with bumper in place just check and double check position of reinforcing bar behind bumper so as not to drill where this touches the bumper ,can be seen from under the car.

dav
    Im gunna order the £15 ONES at that price its got to be worth ago + not having to take the bumper off sounds good to me....

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scott b View Post
    as above fitted them on mine, remove the rear bumper as this will make it a lot easier, plus you can then see where the marks are to drill the bumper, fitted a load of rear park and a handfull of front park sensors

these are laserline ones:

same kit fitted to the works caddy van with a few more pics aswell:

this is the kit that ive fitted:

NEW LASERLINE 4 SENSOR REAR PARKING SYSTEM EPS 4006 | eBay UK
    That looks a very good job you've done there sir....

6th Gear

Status
    can they just be painted as thats all that holding me off on buying them i looked about and all the ones iv seen the sensors dont seem to come apart so id think if you painted them with it all together as it was if would bugger it or am i wrong and they are fine to paint with out taking them apart?

1st Gear

Status
    Looks very tempting.
    Scott B. Do you know of any guides for bumper removal?
    Nice avant.
    A4 (B6) 2.5TDI QUATTRO SPORT AVANT

5th Gear

Status
    remove boot floor, rear panels from the side of the boot, and the entrance to the boot, remove the sub from the right hand side, behind the sub theres 3 10mm nuts likewise on the other side, plus theres 4 more going through the back panel, 2 each side, screws in the wheel arch and screws on the lower edge of the bumper

the laserline ones do split as the holder and sensor are seperate items and they can be painted, its on my to do list

6th Gear

Status
    ok thanks mate are they easy to take apart

5th Gear

Status
    the laserline sensors are, the sensor just clips into the sensor holder that also just pushes and clips into the bumper

6th Gear

Status
    cool thanks mate ill keep a look aout for some on ebay

3rd Gear

Status
    Link to official PDS install - https://rapidshare.com/files/3747604...30_A_small.pdf

This is for the Cobra/Audi kit, similar for most other kits I would imagine, just make sure you drill the right size hole in the bumper !

When I get round to fitting mine I will try and take photos etc
    2003 A4 Cab 2.4 V6 Manual / 43k miles genuine woohoo (on a 10 year old car lol) / Ebony Black Metallic / Full Grey Leather / Fully Electric Seats / Heated Seats / Interior Light Pack / Cruise / Wood / Bose Symphony II / Black roof

Neutral

Status
    Anyone know if you'd get away with fitting these on the black part of a DTM bumper so they'd be better hidden?

Cheers
    VCDS & TPS Account holder.

6th Gear

Status
    id think they would be to low mate as there is a min and max highti thought this when i wanted them on mine save painting them but it was to low

Neutral

Status
    Ok suspected as much, cheers mate.
    VCDS & TPS Account holder.

5th Gear

Status
    min hieght for the laserline ones are 400mm and max is 600mm

shifting to Hyperspace... .

Status
    Original install instructions for Audi kit i scanned previously - seemed now to be hosted on Rapidshare as linked in post #22.

Even though sensors were black still had them sprayed the metallic Ebony Black (£20) to really blend in 100%.
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable

Neutral

Status
    There seem to be a fair few options out there for sensors, which is the best kit to go for?

2nd Gear

Status
    Well i've taken the plunge and ordered a set of the £14.99 ones DAVSA4 recommend. think i'll buy a matching spary can colour from halfords and spray them before i fit them.

If the worst happens and they dont work @ least i'll have rear sensors in my bumper!!! ha ha. IT'LL just be the same as my DIS that i fitted after following all the guides but still refuses to work.

@ £14.99 there worth a try + Others on here have used them...

3rd Gear

Status
    Did this to my avant, bought a silver coloured set from e-bay as I have a silver car, not exact match but not noticeable, was about £25...

Take the rear bumper off to fit though, all A4 bumpers have the parking sensor mounting positions stamped on the inside with a cross...
    03MY 52 reg 1.9 TDi 130PS Quattro Sport Avant - 170bhp remap, RNS-E+OEM bluetooth, B7 wiper arms/blades, 4300K HID+nightbreakers/LED sidelights, rear tints, new lights all round, new front/rear screens, frt armrest, s-line kit, cruise/DIS, B7 gearknob/aluminium trims, parking sensors, black grilles, RS4 RARB, S4 front end, black 18" RS6 alloys

Still waiting..... S4 rear bumper, exhaust tips, coilovers, leather recaro's.... phew...

3rd Gear

Status
    If you want paint to match just check your paint code

Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    Im sure a painter here could colour them up for us for a nice drink?

2nd Gear

Status
    How Good is that i ordered the parking sensors on saturday nite and they arrived today!!!

Do you have to take the rear bumper off ? There seems to be a bit of opinion as to whether you need to take it off, can it be done with it still on?

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    If you take the bumper off you'll be able to see the oem marks and fit the sensors in the right place, it takes the guesswork out of it.

What sensors did you get?
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

2nd Gear

Status
    I got these

Theres loads of stuff in the box + there sliver to start with instead of black, so colouring them to my Atlas grey should be easyer.I just dont fancy having to take the bumper off as it seems like a big job to get the bumper off.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    I might be tempted if you get on ok with them, let me know.

Here's a help for the bumper:

Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

5th Gear

Status
    defo take the bumper of it will make it a lot easier

2nd Gear

Status
    Cheers quattrojames.

Gulp that does look a little involved, there seems like a million bits to pop off/unscrew!!!

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status
    i saw an A6 (newer shape) that had the parking sensors fitted in the lower black part of the rear bumper so do you think that is a different design of sensor that work from a lower height or that these will work in that part of the bumper.

As i might be tempted if they could be fitted to the lower part of the rear bumper thats not colour coded
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

6th Gear

Status
    id think it was just as the a6 is a bigger car there for being higher they can fit them in the lower part so probly the same hight if that makes seens

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast