REAR PARKING SENSORS, whos had them retro-fitted ??????

holmefield

Reaction score
Hi all just a quick one, im thinking about getting some rear parking sensors fitted to my car but although i've seen them for sale on Ebay i dont feel its something i'd like to do myself.

How much does it cost to get them fitted somewhere, and hows had it done + the big question do they work properly??

Cheers All....

Can't help with how they work but the garage I got my car from (fontain motors) supply, paint and fit for £299, they look pretty neat too, I was expecting big ugly bumps sticking out the bumper.

Fitted these to mine also fitted them to around a dozen cars now , off ebay bout £15 ,dead easy come with hole saw and plug and play just connect to earth and reversing wire in back light ,dead easy

DSCF0010-5.jpg

There does seem to be quite a difference in both price and fit/build quality.

I've seen some horrible looking aftermarket ones, id like some that look like there meant to be there..

Fitted these to mine also fitted them to around a dozen cars now , off ebay bout £15 ,dead easy come with hole saw and plug and play just connect to earth and reversing wire in back light ,dead easy

DSCF0010-5.jpg

REALLY there that CHEAP/ easy to fit, even i think i could fit them, is that £15 per sensor im guessing it is?

Have you got a link to the ones you got DAVSA4 ????

This could be my new project now that i've finished my hids set up....

really easy to fit and makes reversing alot easier especially with the big *** on an a4, the hardest bit is marking up and spacing of where you want the holes, everything else is simples.....

no fitment can be done with bumper in place just check and double check position of reinforcing bar behind bumper so as not to drill where this touches the bumper ,can be seen from under the car.

dav

I managed to buy the same kit Audi use on retrofits on eBay for £30, it's actually a cobra kit. The rear bumper is marked on the inside where to drill the holes. There is also a PDF guide how to do the install, I will upload it soon if you like.

This is what I bought, not fitted it yet. Audi sell it for £180 quid haha !

Cobra Parking Sensors (4 Eye Rear ParkMaster A0158) | eBay UK

Last edited:
as above fitted them on mine, remove the rear bumper as this will make it a lot easier, plus you can then see where the marks are to drill the bumper, fitted a load of rear park and a handfull of front park sensors

these are laserline ones:

20082010076.jpg

same kit fitted to the works caddy van with a few more pics aswell:

004.jpg

005-1.jpg

006-1-1.jpg

003.jpg

this is the kit that ive fitted:

NEW LASERLINE 4 SENSOR REAR PARKING SYSTEM EPS 4006 | eBay UK

I managed to buy the same kit Audi use on retrofits on eBay for £30, it's actually a cobra kit. The rear bumper is marked on the inside where to drill the holes. There is also a PDF guide how to do the install, I will upload it soon if you like.

This is what I bought, not fitted it yet. Audi sell it for £180 quid haha !

Cobra Parking Sensors (4 Eye Rear ParkMaster A0158) | eBay UK

Yep PDF guide would be a big help.... Cheers

no fitment can be done with bumper in place just check and double check position of reinforcing bar behind bumper so as not to drill where this touches the bumper ,can be seen from under the car.

dav

Im gunna order the £15 ONES at that price its got to be worth ago + not having to take the bumper off sounds good to me....

as above fitted them on mine, remove the rear bumper as this will make it a lot easier, plus you can then see where the marks are to drill the bumper, fitted a load of rear park and a handfull of front park sensors

these are laserline ones:

20082010076.jpg

same kit fitted to the works caddy van with a few more pics aswell:

004.jpg

005-1.jpg

006-1-1.jpg

003.jpg

this is the kit that ive fitted:

NEW LASERLINE 4 SENSOR REAR PARKING SYSTEM EPS 4006 | eBay UK

That looks a very good job you've done there sir....

can they just be painted as thats all that holding me off on buying them i looked about and all the ones iv seen the sensors dont seem to come apart so id think if you painted them with it all together as it was if would ****** it or am i wrong and they are fine to paint with out taking them apart?

remove boot floor, rear panels from the side of the boot, and the entrance to the boot, remove the sub from the right hand side, behind the sub theres 3 10mm nuts likewise on the other side, plus theres 4 more going through the back panel, 2 each side, screws in the wheel arch and screws on the lower edge of the bumper

the laserline ones do split as the holder and sensor are seperate items and they can be painted, its on my to do list

ok thanks mate are they easy to take apart

cool thanks mate ill keep a look aout for some on ebay

Anyone know if you'd get away with fitting these on the black part of a DTM bumper so they'd be better hidden?

dtm%20006.jpg

Cheers

id think they would be to low mate as there is a min and max highti thought this when i wanted them on mine save painting them but it was to low

Original install instructions for Audi kit i scanned previously - seemed now to be hosted on Rapidshare as linked in post #22.

Even though sensors were black still had them sprayed the metallic Ebony Black (£20) to really blend in 100%.
Tips-100mm-3_Lside_small.jpg

There seem to be a fair few options out there for sensors, which is the best kit to go for?

Well i've taken the plunge and ordered a set of the £14.99 ones DAVSA4 recommend. think i'll buy a matching spary can colour from halfords and spray them before i fit them.

If the worst happens and they dont work @ least i'll have rear sensors in my bumper!!! ha ha. IT'LL just be the same as my DIS that i fitted after following all the guides but still refuses to work.

@ £14.99 there worth a try + Others on here have used them...

Did this to my avant, bought a silver coloured set from e-bay as I have a silver car, not exact match but not noticeable, was about £25...

Take the rear bumper off to fit though, all A4 bumpers have the parking sensor mounting positions stamped on the inside with a cross...

How Good is that i ordered the parking sensors on saturday nite and they arrived today!!!

Do you have to take the rear bumper off ? There seems to be a bit of opinion as to whether you need to take it off, can it be done with it still on?

If you take the bumper off you'll be able to see the oem marks and fit the sensors in the right place, it takes the guesswork out of it.

What sensors did you get?

I might be tempted if you get on ok with them, let me know.

Here's a help for the bumper:

Bumper1.jpg

bumper2.jpg

i saw an A6 (newer shape) that had the parking sensors fitted in the lower black part of the rear bumper so do you think that is a different design of sensor that work from a lower height or that these will work in that part of the bumper.

As i might be tempted if they could be fitted to the lower part of the rear bumper thats not colour coded

id think it was just as the a6 is a bigger car there for being higher they can fit them in the lower part so probly the same hight if that makes seens