Air bag light on...

Dodgy connection-my mates A3 had the light on so we pulled them apart (no ignition key in) then reconnect and all was good

yep yellow connector under driver or passenger seat usually the culprit. youl need vagcom to reset the airbag light though.

is it safe to use vag com on air bag modules? mine always displays a warning about accessing these modules

you can use vcds on any modules

sorry for the late reply, i gave the car a clean yesterday and found the wires under the plastic cover, so it is deffo safe to remove them with no key in the ignition? cant be ***** with a dozen airbags going off lol!

yes its safe

make sure you got the right yellow connector though. its not usually the ones on the floor its the ones up under the seat. i found it easier by going under the seat from the rear. i just pushed them together tightly. and reset with vag com and voila!

I had the same problem, kept pushing them together, even sello taped them together just so that they are tight but no joy. I ended up cutting the connectors off and soldering the wires from the seat directly to the wires in the floor

I had the same problem, kept pushing them together, even sello taped them together just so that they are tight but no joy. I ended up cutting the connectors off and soldering the wires from the seat directly to the wires in the floor

Yeh that's what Audi & VW do if you take it to them