new wheels

Scenium7

Reaction score
evening all im after a little help ive always assumed that a set of 17inch wheels would be 17inch on closer inspection today i measured my alloy and its over 18 inches :uhm:

sorry guys just read this back sounds daft my tyre size is 235/45/17 how is this possible?

Are you say you have 18's with 235x45x17 tyres fitted, that is near impossible.

sorry guys just read this back sounds daft my tyre size is 235/45/17 how is this possible?

The 17" size is the tyre's inner diameter, and is measured at the tyre bead. The tyre bead sits slightly inside the outer extremity of the wheel rim. In other words, they overlap - they have to or the tyre would fall off.

how's about a nice big cup of shut the F### up........ lol sorry, couldn't help, but made me laugh.

Made you laugh I was realy screeching my head

sorry, definately was not directed at your issue, it does make sense what jdp1962 stated.

Have I said something funny?
not at all, just reading your avatar pic and felt the need to repeat it. apologies.

I have some 18's and the faces actually measure 19.5". It's the same with the width, wider than stated. Like jdp said the measurement is where the tyre sits on the wheel.