Wheel Refurb.. Paint options

Avanti

Reaction score
Website
www.gofasterspares.com
Hi guys,

Now going to refurb my wheels and want them the correct silver from which they come from factory, does anybody know what the paint code is or name??

any help will be appreciated.

cheers

Its called Avus silver. The part number LLS OM6 Z17 will get you a 150ml can of lacquer and the same of Top Coat. About £11.

Halfords "Aluminium Silver" is virtually, if not identical. I'm not at home at the moment and can't recall the paint code off the top of my head.

id go to halfords mate iv just got the paint from audi/tps and it works out nearly twice as much as you can buy it from halfords was some thing like 13 pounds all in trade price from tps for 2 150 cans so you need to lots for all 4 wheels and halfords are around 5.99 each can of silver 300ml ones top coat is 699 ish for 500 or 600ml cans

The Audi paint is better, use that on the outside and the Halfords equivalent on the insides.

better how mate do you mean i nicer coulor

I find that it applies smoother and more evenly for the aerosol can.

oh ok so its not better paint just the user lol no i no what you mean to a point i use there paint all the time and have no problem with it but it dose help if you warm it up a bit i put the cans in hot warter for a min or two

ha i think not being i have done a lot of wheels never had a prob with there paint and i use them plus a paint shop to make paint up ill have to go with its the user not the tools lol ;-)

Its called Avus silver. The part number LLS OM6 Z17 will get you a 150ml can of lacquer and the same of Top Coat. About £11.

Halfords "Aluminium Silver" is virtually, if not identical. I'm not at home at the moment and can't recall the paint code off the top of my head.

is avus silver also used on the s4 (B6) alloys or are they different color?

They look the same colour, and it would certainly make sense to have Avus wheels in Avus silver, but I can't say for definite! You'd not go wrong if you did them that colour though.

Hi guys,

Now going to refurb my wheels and want them the correct silver from which they come from factory, does anybody know what the paint code is or name??

any help will be appreciated.

cheers

hi i refurb audi alloys as an occupation there isnt a proper formulation but i have matched it by trial an error you will need a half litre of lechler 392 silver and half litre of 393 lechler mix them 50 50 and its the same as rs4 s3 etc hope this helps if your in the north i could probably get you a good deal on the basecoat and laquer im in the trade

i just got it from tps and all in it was 13.21 and you need to get 4 cans so 26.42 and thats trade

ok so i just did a set of wheels in the audi paint i can tell you all it is is ford moon dust silver and i would also go so far to say do not wast your money buying it from audi pop into your local halfords and pick it up there and save your self 15 pounds

when i went to audi (bradford) they said we only can supply touch up paint, and i tried audi body shop they also said the same, any tried the corsa silver?

i dont like the audi wheel coulor i have just used and had i know it was moon dust silver id never have bothered its such an old coulor for wheels now its unreall i think honda vogue silver its a much nicer coulor than the audi one/ ford moon dust silver i was using back in 1998 thats how old it is move on audi ;-)

lool, yea that color is getting abit boring aswell, i picked up corsa silver yesterday for my mates s4's its abit more metallic so it will be bit more brighter an in your face shine, hope it turns out well,

I agree. I'm almost embaressed to post this picture from when I did mine:

DSC00302.sized.jpg

LOL. WTF you on about??

wheel from the pic you have posted james that is not the same as the ones they sold me yours looks much nicer and a lot less metallic as well but that may just be the photo as that looks more like the honda coulor i was on about

My wheel is the Avus Silver paint I got from Audi as mentioned in my initial post.

i no that and as i said in my post its not the same as they sold me

RAL 9006 is an industry standard silver, RAL 9007 is a gun metal, I am a commercial sprayer we use these colours a lot on-site. I tried the Halfords aluminuim wheel paint it was a poor quality synthetic and quite dark in colour compared to the bright silvers.
I am looking for a good set of genuine 17" or 18" alloys and good tyres if anyone can help (112 stud spacing A4 B6). I've spent the last 3 weeks driving around looking at rubbish, cracked replicas appear to be quite popular.
Hope the paint info helps
Gaz

hi guys, thanks for all the posts,

after a bit of research i found that avus silver has a slight tinge of blue/grey in it which i didn't like, then i found audi done an aluminium silver which is nice and bright then found that halfords do exactly the same colour in there Aluminium spray can, anyway got the real deal from my local paint supplier, will put up some pics when they are done.. as theyre drying as we speak :)