Drivers Side Sun visor/ Boot triangle cover

crazy88

Loving the anonymity
Reaction score
Hello all,

I pulled down my sun visor yesterday as we had about 2 minutes of dazzling sun. Anyway, the hinge snapped off so I need a new one now. :(

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy just the hinge bracket, or is it a full new sun visor needed? And any help on part numbers?

Second, you know in the avant boot lid there's a little compartment where the triangle is kept for when you break down? The lock on there has snapped also, so whenever I open the boot the door drops down and i keep cracking my head on it. Again, any part numbers associated with this part would be really helpful.

Thank you in advance!

Don't mean to hijack, the same has happened to me.....well not the sun visor bit, but the lock for the compartment located in the boot lid. Must be a common fault!

Part Numbers will defo be appreciated.

Don't mean to hijack, the same has happened to me.....well not the sun visor bit, but the lock for the compartment located in the boot lid. Must be a common fault!

Part Numbers will defo be appreciated.

I repaired the tab that secures the cover with Araldite and its held so far

I repaired the tab that secures the cover with Araldite and its held so far

I was supposed to ask if anyone had done that, as i had considered attempting a fix. So thanks for letting us know. I have considered araldite'ing both the sun visor and boot compartment to see whether they hold strong.

Thanks again

SL11 CKK, let us know how you get on too.

sun visor wont hold
but i got 1 from the bay for 2 quid and used the part i needed