Chris NottEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

Is a remap worth it without any other engine mods?

I have a 2002 a4 1.8t 163 avant. If i get a remap what bhp could i get? I am not that interested in getting new fmic, exhaust, filter. I don't really drive that fast so it is not worth the expense to me.
    I have a mate of a mate who would do the remap for £270 so if i could get 190-200 bhp for that price i would be interested.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Probably expect about 185-190 (real life figures) from just a map mate, not much more.

Enough to definitely feel a good difference

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    as above yes its worth it

Reverse Gear

Status
    Cool. Thanks. May think about getting it done then.

BahnStormer

Status
    peak bhp increases a bit: 180-190bhp normally pretty safe and 200 or so is viable without putting any crazy strain on the car, if you have a RR and your friend was willing to tinker a little bit.... but that's not the whole picture: it's the mid-range torque that changes the nature of the car: just gives the car more balls when idling along and you nudge your foot down a little harder... also allows you to change up sooner, hence the fuel economy savings...
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

1.8T Sport Cabriolet

Status
    I got mine remapped, well worth the money. I had a spare Forge diverter valve from my old TT before I sold it to my mate, so I fitted that. Totally changed the way it drives now. I would recommend fitting an RS4 ARB to upgrade the handling.
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I am happy with the way it handles apart from it makes a noise going over bumps. Got it running quite low on coilovers and 235/35 19 bbs lm reps.
    Got a mechanic to have a look and can't find anything wrong.

BahnStormer

Status
    Noise going over bumps is unlikely to be anything to do with the remap topic... more likely the low ride, non-OEM spec wheels, etc...
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.