Is a remap worth it without any other engine mods?

spankius

Reaction score
I have a 2002 a4 1.8t 163 avant. If i get a remap what bhp could i get? I am not that interested in getting new fmic, exhaust, filter. I don't really drive that fast so it is not worth the expense to me.
I have a mate of a mate who would do the remap for £270 so if i could get 190-200 bhp for that price i would be interested.

Probably expect about 185-190 (real life figures) from just a map mate, not much more.

Enough to definitely feel a good difference

as above yes its worth it

Cool. Thanks. May think about getting it done then.

peak bhp increases a bit: 180-190bhp normally pretty safe and 200 or so is viable without putting any crazy strain on the car, if you have a RR and your friend was willing to tinker a little bit.... but that's not the whole picture: it's the mid-range torque that changes the nature of the car: just gives the car more balls when idling along and you nudge your foot down a little harder... also allows you to change up sooner, hence the fuel economy savings...

I got mine remapped, well worth the money. I had a spare Forge diverter valve from my old TT before I sold it to my mate, so I fitted that. Totally changed the way it drives now. I would recommend fitting an RS4 ARB to upgrade the handling.

I am happy with the way it handles apart from it makes a noise going over bumps. Got it running quite low on coilovers and 235/35 19 bbs lm reps.
Got a mechanic to have a look and can't find anything wrong.

Noise going over bumps is unlikely to be anything to do with the remap topic... more likely the low ride, non-OEM spec wheels, etc...