remaping a 2.5 tdi quattro

blanc

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have remapped almost allof my previus cars, vrs x 2, leon, gt tdi etc, but I have heard that my new car a 2.5 tdi does not perform well to a remap. Is this correct? Any opinions and pros cons of doing this to the 2.5?

dont know why anyone would suggest it wouldnt perform well?

i've got my 180 mapped, rolling roaded at 207bhp

Most 2.5's will go to 200-210bhp with a normal remap or tuning box, above that and you start to need to look at new injectors etc apparently.

I get 33mpg consistently from mine with a DPT tuning box giving a claimed 210bhp (I've never had that verified).

i get between 28 - 33mpg working it out per tank at fill up as i dont have DIS

Was it a standard car or had it been modded before hand. Interested to know about any other mods.

Ring them and speak to them. I was there saw print off - This was a cutom power map.

sorry. with all respect, if its just a remap, its not 240.

bhp is calculated by many different factors & rolling roads can be calibrated to show different readings. i'm sure if he went to a different RR centre, he'd see a different reading.

Am I correct in saying that the bhp figure after a remap depends on the state and condition of the engine in the first place - a tired, worn, out of tune engine won't be 180 to start with - so the final figure won't be as high.

yes, thats right mike. any decent tuner will check the condition of the engine & perform a fault check to insure the engine is running as it should before its mapped. thats why they normally offer a pre map rolling road to compare the actual difference.