EM TuningChris Nott

Thread: EGR Bypass

1st Gear

Status

EGR Bypass

Has anyone used a EGR delete kit by Allard or Forge on their PD130?

Ive disconnected the vac lines to it and the ASV with no problems so want to ditch the whole assembly now.

Does the transverse kit fit the longitudinal engines?

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    just make a plate to go either end of the egr pipe and job done!!

The're Graphite not black!!

Status
    What are the benefits of this, think mine is playing up now.

Official Fan Club member No 001!!

1st Gear

Status
    I bought a plate on ebay, you notice the throttle responce after fitting.

3rd Gear

Status
    Didn't fancy going down the blanking off route, cleaned mine out this weekend......

Didn't bother with taking the inlet manifold off, EGR was a bit tricky with the last bolt, but dear God I'm surprised it was even working with 100K of crud inside it....

engine does seem a little bit more responsive, but that may just be me.......
    03MY 52 reg 1.9 TDi 130PS Quattro Sport Avant - 170bhp remap, RNS-E+OEM bluetooth, B7 wiper arms/blades, 4300K HID+nightbreakers/LED sidelights, rear tints, new lights all round, new front/rear screens, frt armrest, s-line kit, cruise/DIS, B7 gearknob/aluminium trims, parking sensors, black grilles, RS4 RARB, S4 front end, black 18" RS6 alloys

Still waiting..... S4 rear bumper, exhaust tips, coilovers, leather recaro's.... phew...

1st Gear
    Mission To Mars Champion

Status
    has anyone got any pix, dummy guide of how to remove EGR and intake to clean

Audi fanatic

Status
    ive blanked the EGR on quite a few diesels now
    definately better and a clean intake too
    i know they bleat on about higher nox but the EGR is barely doing anything and quite often nothing at all at full throttle anyway so i dont see the harm,
    my argument is when did it become a good thing to put carbon deposites down the bores of the engine?
    and also block the inlets up Mmmm that makes for efficient engines
    also on efficiency how can putting burnt exhaust gases back in the engine help with the burn
    clean air more oxygen creates a better bang .

1st Gear

Status
    I could blank it off but the valve is pretty restrictive, its not in use so i want it binned.

Just wondered if i could use a 130 kit from a transverse engine?

The're Graphite not black!!

Status
    Does the plate kit not allow you to remove completely. Is there VCDS coding required?

Official Fan Club member No 001!!

1st Gear

Status
    If you fit the plates all you can get rid of is the pipe from the manifold to the EGR valve housing.

No coding is needed on vag com from what i can see and my own bypass.

Neutral

Status
    Hi got allard pipe fitted to 130pd awx with 189000 miles on clock it great no cleaning egr because total removed and no codes also decat and k&n .
    Last edited by bradster; 29th May 2011 at 21:54.

1st Gear

Status
    Awesome! Just what I wanted to hear. So the 130 one they sell works and fits fine?

Thanks.

Neutral

Status
    yes fit fine no problems. just took the pipes from egr/shudder valve under air box .

2nd Gear

Status
    I'm also thinking about this as my EGR needs replacing but its much cheaper to install the delete kit and may well improve responsiveness a little. I heard that this could cause problems with MOT's and also has anyone gotten any engine management lights come on?

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    I installed a blanking plate to mine a couple of days ago and its actually in for mot today so will update as to the emissions test results when they call me. initial impressions are the turbo is keener lower down the revs with slightly more pull through the rev range. There are no warning lights on the dash.The tickover and running are the same(no real difference) and no judder at shut off. It will stay in for me. of course this is on a 2.5tdi v6 and not the 130 pd engine
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status
    @ Swarcup

Where did you get the blanking plate from or did you make it yourself? lastly was it easy to install?
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    a mate of mine gave it to me about 6 months back he had a spare laying idle, as for the instalation it took about 10 mins. had to be careful not to drop any of the bolts as retrieving may be a hassle but all together it was quite easy. Been through the annual mot today and the emission test or smoke test was passed with flying colours.The average K reading was 0.86, the fast pass limit is 1.5 and the ultimate allowed is 3 so all in all thats pretty ok to me although what 0.86 measures i dont know.
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

1st Gear

Status
    There seems to be a few on e-bay that all look identicle (dimensions could obviously vary) so does anyone know a reliable supplier?
    EGR blanking plate 3mm Steel VW SEAT SKODA AUDI 2off | eBay UK
    Gonna have a look for a fitting guide.
    A4 (B6) 2.5TDI QUATTRO SPORT AVANT

Status
    Cheers for the link to the blanking plates.

Do i need 2 for my 2.5tdi?

If you do find a fitting guide please post up the link as i would be very interested in having a read before i decide if i want to do the job or not.
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bradster View Post
    Hi got allard pipe fitted to 130pd awx with 189000 miles on clock it great no cleaning egr because total removed and no codes also decat and k&n .

Do you have a link to where you purchased the Allard kit from?

Thanks

Status
    There is this one on ebay but says its for a 2.5 tdi VW transporter so guess it wont fit a 2.5 audi V6

EGR Valve Delete Pipe VW T5 Van Transporter 2.5 Tdi NEW | eBay UK

This is one for a 1.9 tdi

Allard EGR Valve Delete Pipe Golf Audi Seat Skoda Tdi | eBay UK
    Last edited by vrbob; 4th July 2011 at 15:04.

1st Gear

Status
    Does anyone know if a golf EGR delete kit fits the A4?

Is theer any difference in intake manis between transverse and longitudinal engines? Always see me more golf ones for sale thats all. lol.