EGR Bypass

PhilW

Reaction score
Has anyone used a EGR delete kit by Allard or Forge on their PD130?

Ive disconnected the vac lines to it and the ASV with no problems so want to ditch the whole assembly now.

Does the transverse kit fit the longitudinal engines?

just make a plate to go either end of the egr pipe and job done!!

What are the benefits of this, think mine is playing up now.

I bought a plate on ebay, you notice the throttle responce after fitting.

Didn't fancy going down the blanking off route, cleaned mine out this weekend......

Didn't bother with taking the inlet manifold off, EGR was a bit tricky with the last bolt, but dear God I'm surprised it was even working with 100K of crud inside it....

engine does seem a little bit more responsive, but that may just be me.......

ive blanked the EGR on quite a few diesels now
definately better and a clean intake too
i know they bleat on about higher nox but the EGR is barely doing anything and quite often nothing at all at full throttle anyway so i dont see the harm,
my argument is when did it become a good thing to put carbon deposites down the bores of the engine?
and also block the inlets up Mmmm that makes for efficient engines
also on efficiency how can putting burnt exhaust gases back in the engine help with the burn
clean air more oxygen creates a better bang .

I could blank it off but the valve is pretty restrictive, its not in use so i want it binned.

Just wondered if i could use a 130 kit from a transverse engine?

Does the plate kit not allow you to remove completely. Is there VCDS coding required?

If you fit the plates all you can get rid of is the pipe from the manifold to the EGR valve housing.

No coding is needed on vag com from what i can see and my own bypass.

Hi got allard pipe fitted to 130pd awx with 189000 miles on clock it great no cleaning egr because total removed and no codes also decat and k&n .
IMG00240-20110524-1355.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome! Just what I wanted to hear. So the 130 one they sell works and fits fine?

Thanks.

I'm also thinking about this as my EGR needs replacing but its much cheaper to install the delete kit and may well improve responsiveness a little. I heard that this could cause problems with MOT's and also has anyone gotten any engine management lights come on?

I installed a blanking plate to mine a couple of days ago and its actually in for mot today so will update as to the emissions test results when they call me. initial impressions are the turbo is keener lower down the revs with slightly more pull through the rev range. There are no warning lights on the dash.The tickover and running are the same(no real difference) and no judder at shut off. It will stay in for me. of course this is on a 2.5tdi v6 and not the 130 pd engine

@ Swarcup

Where did you get the blanking plate from or did you make it yourself? lastly was it easy to install?

a mate of mine gave it to me about 6 months back he had a spare laying idle, as for the instalation it took about 10 mins. had to be careful not to drop any of the bolts as retrieving may be a hassle but all together it was quite easy. Been through the annual mot today and the emission test or smoke test was passed with flying colours.The average K reading was 0.86, the fast pass limit is 1.5 and the ultimate allowed is 3 so all in all thats pretty ok to me although what 0.86 measures i dont know.

Cheers for the link to the blanking plates.

Do i need 2 for my 2.5tdi?

If you do find a fitting guide please post up the link as i would be very interested in having a read before i decide if i want to do the job or not.

Hi got allard pipe fitted to 130pd awx with 189000 miles on clock it great no cleaning egr because total removed and no codes also decat and k&n .
IMG00240-20110524-1355.jpg

Do you have a link to where you purchased the Allard kit from?

Thanks

Does anyone know if a golf EGR delete kit fits the A4?

Is theer any difference in intake manis between transverse and longitudinal engines? Always see me more golf ones for sale thats all. lol.