Problem with headlight

laurra

Reaction score
Website
www.e-miestas.com
All started in December. I had message on display saying: “Right Dipped Headlight”. Next day I went to garage. They “fixed” it and charged me almost 4 times more, than they told me they’ll charge. Anyway, headlight was working and I was happy, but… after 4 days it was raining and after this rain I got same message. I went to same garage again and said that they didn’t fixed problem (also I explained, that after each rain my headlight isn’t working). They checked and said that it was just coincidence. They changed burned bulb and everything was ok, but just till the next rain. Then again was same message. I went to garage and said that they should do something, because they are not fixing the problem. They told me that I need to leave my car and they will check was wrong, but I didn’t want to leave it, because after last time I left my car, they done something, that my front right turn signal didn’t work.

So what should I do. I am driving without right headlight already more than week. I know it’s not good, but garage charged me and not fixed problem. Nevertheless they had done something with turning signal. I don’t want to go there again, but I paid money.

I am confused. Maybe somebody knows why after each rain my headlight isn’t working? And what should I do with this garage? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

It could be that that the rain is some how getting into your electrics for your headlamp. Have a look at the back of the headlight to see if the covers are on properly, failing that check around the seals. It sounds like you're having bad luck with that dealer, why not try taking it to another one especially if it's still in warranty.

I thought taking to another garage, but I paid money for nothing and they are not giving back. I don’t know how to deal with that.

2001 August

I don't know. I have this car from Nov 2004. Bulb is blown after each rain. Like I said, it started about 26th Dec

I don't know how to check this covers myself, but I don't want to pay £50 again for "fixing" this problem.

I know that they swindled. It is perfectly clear. And I hate that, but at that time I couldn’t do much. Iit is first car for me here, in UK . By the way, this garage is Nationwide autocentre. I thought they are good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

And no, I don't know anybody with a car who can help me. That's why I am looking here for somebody from Cambridge /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Ask Jedi he must know someone didnt i see on another post that he lives in Cambridge too! PM him and see if he can help out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I just went to Audi and they said, that wires are melted AGAIN and they showed me why and how.
The thing is, that cover is broken and there is no way to fixe it, need to change all headlight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Does anyone know how much it costs?

You can probably find a used headlight at a breakers yard. A new one from Audi will cost a small fortune. If you don't want used part then try German, Swedish & French as they have new parts at discounted prices.

If you don't buy the light from Audi you will have to find someone to fit it for you. Good luck.

Dave

OK, here are only few results I found. How to know which one is right one?

94448 HEADLAMP-LH A4 11/94 > 85.00 Add
94448 HEADLAMP-LH A4Q 11/94 > 85.00 Add
94448A HEADLAMP-LH A4 11/94 > 45.00 Add
94448A HEADLAMP-LH A4Q 11/94 > 45.00 Add
94450 HEADLAMP-RH A4 11/94 > 85.00 Add
94450 HEADLAMP-RH A4Q 11/94 > 85.00 Add
94450A HEADLAMP-RH A4 11/94 > 45.00 Add
94450A HEADLAMP-RH A4Q 11/94 > 45.00 Add
94451 HEADLAMP-LH A4 00> 98.75 Add
94452 HEADLAMP-RH A4 00> 98.75 Add
94818 HEADLAMP LENS-LH VALEO A4 11/94 >