A4 190 S-Line Tuning

Type RA

Reaction score
Hi......Ive recently bought my wife a 190 S-line and looking for tuning tips. Im no newbie when it comes to tuning cars but not clued up on the 18t engine. Ive owned 5 Imprezas with my current STI Type RA running 440bhp/420ftlb with a splash of meths so you could say i like a quick car.

Obviously the A4 will not take the path of the RA but id like to punch the power up a bit.

So.......How much power can the stock internals take in the 18T? injectors limit? intercoolers limit before going front mount? Turbo limit? etc etc

Thanks in advance

Jay

forged pistons and a pretty reliabe lump all-round... can usually be tuned to over 300bhp with no significant changes to the internals, just injectors, FDV, induction/filters and usually a uprated clutch is also recommended...

can usually be remapped to to around 220bhp without any mechanical mods.

forged pistons and a pretty reliabe lump all-round... can usually be tuned to over 300bhp with no significant changes to the internals, just injectors, FDV, induction/filters and usually a uprated clutch is also recommended...

can usually be remapped to to around 220bhp without any mechanical mods.
Are all 1.8T's forged pistons?

Are all 1.8T's forged pistons?

Hoping to move over to a 1.8T b6 from a 1.8T A3 soon and would also be interested to know this.

What sort of power are the standard internals good for?