Boot solenoid

V8Guzzler

Reaction score
Morning

Has anyone got the part number for the saloon boot solenoid please? Mine is giving up the goose...

I'm not too sure which part you're after.

Part 14?

Bootsolenoid.jpg

Or part 24?

bootsolenoid2.jpg

i got a spear solenoid somewhere in my shead for an a4 b6

Got to do this myself - half the time the ****** boot doesn't unlock - and it's always when it's raining or I'm holding one of the Kids and a load of shopping!

I'm not too sure which part you're after.

Part 14?

Bootsolenoid.jpg

Or part 24?

bootsolenoid2.jpg

Hmmm - not sure looking at this - All I know that its the part that is located just behind the internal grab handle, and is white plastic, it has a piston that retracts which is attached to the wire to open the boot?? :)

No. 47 on here looks like it, which is the same as No. 24 below just named differently, but the part number is very similar.

8E5 962 115B vs 4Bp 962 115C

There is no corresponding picture for the saloon. I can't help any more that that I'm afraid.

boot3-1.jpg

Reactions: ashtec125sp
I think Audi call it the actuator??

It won't open at all now, well it will with putting the key in and manually opening it!! Well annoying!

You can hear the actuator attempting to open but it's just too weak...

If anyone can confirm part number and best place to get one, or can it be repaired? Squirt of WD??

Thanks

Pleasure, glad it's (finally) resolved!

Just confirm the final part number and I'll add it to the sticky.

Sorry for delay...

Part number for saloon is

8E5 962 115 I think...

c336f250-8480-ba18.jpg

Reactions: ashtec125sp
Digging up this thread, my avant boot only opens with the key, the handle and the lock on the fob have no effect whatsoever.

Will replacing the solenoid fix this?

Ok just replaced my boot openening actuator, part no 4Bp 962 115C (annotated as part 47 in the image above) and my boot is working fine, previously it only openened with the key, now it works with the release catch and fob button.

I initially thought it was just down to the connection arm (part 24 in the image) which had become disconnected, but the actuator was very weak and wouldnt have the strength to pull it.

The part cost me £34 though from the stealers..

So is this the part I may need then? if I use the catch to open the boot i hear nothing and it doesnt work but i can open with the key?

Quite possibly. I never used to hear the catch but more recently it started to whir as I tried the catch or keyfob release, but it still needed replacing.

Okay... just to confirm.

My boot only opens with the key.

It's never opened using the handle (while we've had it). It used to open with the fob, but now doesn't... so manually inserting the key and turning is the only way in to it now.

The part I need for my 2003 B6 saloon is 8E5 962 115 - is that right?

Cheers,

Giles

Another bump for this thread :)

Every now and then, i'll unlock the whole car as normal via the fob, and then try to get into the boot and it won't let me. When i squeeze the handle, i can hear something working, but doesn't release the boot.

Then when the key is in the ignition, it'll warn me that the boot is open, but it isn't lol.

Is the above No.47 # 8E5 962 115 for me?

My car is an Avant, but looking at the part's picture's, there doesn't seem to be a difference.

I've had the exact same thing on mine, most recent was just last weekend. I had to put the pram in the boot over the back seats! By the time i'd got home (30 mins) it opened fine, as though there had been no problem.

I'd be intrigued to know which part it most likely is too. (also got an avant here too)

Both this thread and the Part Numbers Sticky indicate the part is the same between the two models.

Thank's guy's, ordered one from my local dealer. £22.06inc...

No. 47 on here looks like it, which is the same as No. 24 below just named differently, but the part number is very similar.

8E5 962 115B vs 4Bp 962 115C

There is no corresponding picture for the saloon. I can't help any more that that I'm afraid.

boot3-1.jpg
resurrecting an old post, but just ordered mine from ebay thanks to your help :)

Reactions: norris_309