Headlight Bulbs

reynot01

Reaction score
I have just sold my Seat Leon Cupra R and am getting an 02 A4 1.8 T Sport. I was wondering, would my H1 and H7 Osram silvastar bulbs that I had on the Seat fit my new car?

Yeah, that's correct Macduff. And they are a ****** to change, i've got the grazed knuckles to prove.

But I've now found out a better way to stop all of that !!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

But I've now found out a better way to stop all of that !!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Intersting, care to elaborate? I don't like grazed knuckles either /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

There is two more torx screws at the bottom back of the headlight. Loosen these off, but dont fully undo them. Once the two from the top have been removed the whole unit can be removed from the car.

= easy bulb change. YIPPEEEE

The ducting on the drivers side requires you to undo two screws on the front slam panel, then with a bit of manipulation you can take this out allowing easy loosening of the rear screws. I'll try to post some pics of the rear screws for you tomorrow. But they are easily visible. One is on the back corner nearest to the middle of the car, and the other is about three quarters of the way along the headlight towards the wings.

Hope this helps.

Any chance you could post the pics on here Phil.

The warning flashed up on the DIS last night 'RIGHT DIPPED HEADLIGHT'

It sounds like a pretty daunting task just to change a bulb!

Cheers

Deano

DeanoMorph,

It's not daunting at all mate. All it is is the four retaining bolts then the headlight pulls forward, be careful not to scratch your bumper ( I used a tea towel ) Then you can get to the covers and remove/change the bulbs easily.
DONT remove the two back bolts fully, just undo them enough that it allows you to slide the headlight forward.

Be lucky.

Cheers for that mate. Check your inbox!

Thanks again...

This may help in the future :
48787007-3c0b-010000CC-.jpg