B7 saloon wipers and arms onto B6 avant?

wafers

Reaction score
As title, does anyone know if the b7 saloon wipers and arms will fit my b6 avant? It currently has standard wipers, not aero ones... Any help appreciated!

It's a straight swap provided you get the arms and blades.... give us a shout if you need any more advise: loads of us have done it and it's highly recommended the next time you need new blades!

Check how easy it is to remove the arms though as it's possibly worth considering an extra £10 on eBay for a wiper arm removal tool (random example)... I did my first one in <2mins and the 2nd got stuck and literally took HOURS!

edit: no idea about the B5.

big shout for the wiper removal tool, I bought b7 arms but couldn't get mine off easily. even with the tool it was hard, but much easier.
then sold the tool back on ebay for £10 again.

Just bought a wiper removal tool from ebay - cheers for the advice! :)
Now debating taking a gamble on trying to pull a pair of wiper arms from a B7 at the local breaker manually (before the tool arrives in the post) as it doesn't matter if I damage the mech as such. Will I be able to get the darn things off with a yank tho?!

its just really difficult, you cant really lever it off with a screw driver, you can try with some wd40 you may be lucky, working your way around it, but theres not much space to work with on some sides.

yeah... it's a doddle... NOT!!!

Not just the mech you might damage: you'll also scratch up the arms a fair bit! Here was my manual effort before I got the proper tool.... essentially you MIGHT get lucky and it'll slide straight off.... but if it gets even slightly stuck... even G-clamps and such won't work... the tool is better at pulling it straight off.... just about anything else is likely to twist it slightly... and then it gets difficult...

Like I said a few mins for the first one (no tool) and HOURS for for the second before I gave up and borrowed a tool...

You might find you need to bend the drivers arm ever so slightly to put more pressure on the wiper blade, not every one is affected, but some people seem to be.

I tried to take mine off using that tool I borrowed it from a garage and the arm was stuck on tight it pulled the tool off.

A trip to a garage and an ex VAG technician later he removed it without the tool, closed the bonnet, wiggled it and pulled it and bang it came off, should of gone to him in the first instance as a friend helping me managed to crack my windscreen doh!!!

Well I did the deed this afternoon, and my sealey 'heavy duty' puller tool I bought from the bay did me proud. I can't stress enough to people looking to do the same job, prepare yourselves for the loud bang when they suddenly release! My heart was in my mouth each time as the car has a 3 week old screen, and I had visions of a massive crack appearing!
All ended well though and my 2003 avant now has aero arms from a 2006 saloon!