MPG gone aweful suddenly.

AudiLeon

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
The mpg on my 2.5 tdi has suddenly gone aweful. I used to constantly see 38mpg, 35 if i was a naughty boy occasionally.
Recently, when filling up and working it out. It's always on 31mpg.
MAF? Temp sensor?

Any tests using vcds worth doing?

I've done a scan on the engine, only fault is an engine code James.
I did notice theres a 4 degrees temp difference between engine and instrument temps. Does that sound normal?

4 degrees is about right, the gauge is never going to be accurate.

i have already accepted that the mpg on mine is never gonna be much more than what i am getting now, with a mixture of motorway and town driving i get 30.91mpg working it out manually, however, the dis states 24.8mpg on the 2 setting- so clearly my dis is completely inaccurate, i have even calmed down with my driving style but alas no effect.

Really odd, as when I took it to FortWilliam, I got 45mpg. That's worked out at the pumps too.

Hi,

Have you checked for boost leaks.

Is yours a auto or manual?

Really odd, as when I took it to FortWilliam, I got 45mpg. That's worked out at the pumps too.

Blimey, 45 would be nice. I thought 30-35 was the norm anyway? I have only got 64k on the clock with fdsh, 53 plate,Manual so i thought i would get betta mpg than say a higher mileage. I recall someone saying cleaning the injectors, replacing air/fuel filters would help which i will get roubd to doing mine- one day.

Mines a manual.
When I said the difference in temps. I meant on vcds. Logging into instruments and engine. The engine temps are different.

Mine mates Diesel BMW had a similar issue, and he's just had to get a new turbo as the oil pipe was blocked :)

This also didn't show up on the diagnostics before hand.

try some redex or similar. dirty injectors are not good for diesels mpg. easy to do and could sovle the issue.