Syphoning diesel..

All_Torque

Reaction score
Website
www.torque-uk.net
Ok before i get shot down about it, had a car shunt this week which i very much doubt the car will be repairable! Front and rear damage and also crease in rear offside panel the boots been moved about 2 inches more one side!

That said i have over 3/4's of a tank of diesel and i refuse to pay or more fuel to put in the courtesy shed i've got (pug 5008!)

Now i've tried syphoning the tank the old fashioned way and get a trickle out, so then asked a mate how i'd do it!

Told me take the plate off in the boot, remove the inlet n outlet pipes and unclip connector, then pop off the white ridged surround! Now this is where i've got stuck! I've tried screwdriver and hammer on edges and the fcuke doesnt shift!? Anyone any experience on how to budge this badboy!??

5679954562_5faa519f29_b.jpg

The pipes are taken off but reinstalled as everytime i hit the white ring fuel spews out!

Last edited:
that should just untwist mate there is a tool you can buy but if you get both your hands on it it should just wined off not sure what part you are hitting though lol.

is that your black one mate ;-(

Last edited:
that should just untwist mate there is a tool you can buy but if you get both your hands on it it should just wined off not sure what part you are hitting though lol.

is that your black one mate ;-(

Not really enough room to get hands on it and i'm lacking the power and movement in arms from the crash so kinda limited..

Yeah thats my black one!

Managed to get the cap off and pull the pump out but **** me diesel tastes foul and its soo not easy draining it..

Now i've tried syphoning the tank the old fashioned way and get a trickle out

Can't you just ask one of the local *****'s in a hoody to show you lol

Jay

Now i've tried syphoning the tank the old fashioned way and get a trickle out

Can't you just ask one of the local *****'s in a hoody to show you lol

Jay

That would be the anti syphon lol

mate what happend

Sitting behind another car waiting for a car to turn right into a petrol station and i get rear ended by a Touraeg! He didnt stop he didnt see me he reckons! I jumped out the car was ready to draw blood as i had kids in the car and then my little one (2 months old) cry, so went into protective daddy mode!

Was in a 40 limit but no skids marks perfect conditions he never saw me! DWODCAA i thought but the police did diddly ****!

that sucks big time glade kids are ok mate some ppl should not be on the roads and after all the stuff you did to your car mate but im guessing its an open and shut case for your insur

ha yeah didnt mean it that way though ;-)

i usually just tap those round with a screwdriver.

Nothing worst than drinking diesel though, petrol tastes nasty but diesel is really nasty and repeats for what feels like days!

I've had a restricted fuel flow problem with mine, car can go into limp mode when overtaking or at high speed,which following a vag-com fault-code ;
(117428/P1020/004128-FUEL PRESS;REGULATION:CONTROL RANGE EXCEEDED) and a little investigation on another site turns out 2.0 petrol and FSI , 2002-2004, there is a factory fault with the mesh in the fuel pump needing replacing with a up-dated part with bigger mesh holes,,,

Is this the same part AS ALL-TORQUE I need to remove to gain access???

Hope this info helps anyone else with similar prob !

ALL-TORQUE,,, Sorry to learn of your accident,,, pleased you and your kids are OK...

Last edited: