s-line lower front, grilles won't fit???

jbcalvin

Reaction score
Evening guys,

Just spent today fitting a s-line lower front to my standard bumper, following the thread detailing how to and what to cut etc.....

The problem I have is the 2 side grilles bought from Audi at the same time wont clip into place?

It looks like they are too small and have nothing to clip in to...

Any suggestions?

Cheers

You're trying to fit "S-Line grilles" into an S-Line lower valance ...... ?

Which of these grilles have you got?

Grilles.jpg

Last edited:
Hi quattrojames,

I have grilles 4 and 9 from the diagram, I did ask the guys at the dealer to ensure the grilles were correct for the valance.....

I take it I should have 3 and 8?

Cheers again

Steve

4-9 are the correct grills for the S-Line lower so they should fit. The standard bumper (top part) may not have the locating lug's so you may have to bond them in.

The S-Line grilles are all the same fit I think, it's just whether they're 'open' or 'closed' design which varies, and that depends on engone/transmission options I think.

last thing I wanted to do was bond them in as they need to be removed if you need to change fog light bulbs, or remove the bumper anytime in the future...

Still seems strange that they dont even look the right size though, seems to be too much of a gap all round compared to the fit of my standard grilles/valance....

Will try and source an s-line top section to see if that helps....

Cheers guys

have you fitter the lower correct

take a pic lets see

Send a PM to fourcircle, off the top of my head he is the first person I can think of who fitted an S-Line lower to a standard top bumper and used S-Line fog grilles too.

Send a PM to fourcircle, off the top of my head he is the first person I can think of who fitted an S-Line lower to a standard top bumper and used S-Line fog grilles too.

iv fitter 4/5 and never had a problem with the grills
i always got the lil black clips to that they screw in with
is his have gaps i recon its not fitted how it should be

Bez101,

What black clips are you talking about? This may be the problem I have.....

theres small clips that hold them in
like a black M shape with a screw through it

put a photo up so every one can see what your talking about ie the big gap :)