Ideas for a Part Number sticky.

quattrojames

Staff member
Reaction score
This was a suggestion from MattyboyC, and a good idea I think, so I thought I'd start a thread to collect some thoughts first.

The idea is to collect the common (and less common?) part numbers and put them together in one place, things like S-Line valances, Aero wipers, CTS's etc etc. There are two way's we can do it:

1). People can PM me when they buy stuff and are 100% sure (!) they have the correct part number for the item. This will keep the thread to a single post with all the numbers in, as will stop it becoming too unweildly like the ebay thread with chat etc. However I know it's a bit more work to send a PM than post in the thread, but hopefully people will spare the time to add to a resource that they can benefit from.

2). I can leave the the thread open and people can add part numbers, my concerns here are that the part numbers will be 'unregulated' and that the thread will become so long and disordered that you'd never be able to find anything!

I welcome your thoughts....

And replied, thanks Colin.

I need to think of a way to seperate the thread up, maybe a post each for each of the following sections:

Interior
Exterior
Suspension
Under bonnet
Engine
"S-Line style" parts
S4 parts

As previously discussed James, i think the pm methord is the way to go, if i can be of any help do contact me.

Another vote for the PM method, and then break it down into sections.... good idea

I started to sort alot of invioces out, things like sensors, pulleys aircon pumps ect so expect a fair list from me lol!!

Option 1 via PM sounds the best way.

Perhaps where possible reference the ETKA illustration if it is known, as there may be other parts required by individuals associated with the main part in question.

Perhaps where possible reference the ETKA illustration if it is known, as there may be other parts required by individuals associated with the main part in question.

Thats a good call, maybe something i can add in later when I get time. And find my ETKA discs lol

Right I've caught up with the PM's and put them in the thread.

Any comments? Good or bad.

I can't include them unless you send me them ;)

I like it James keep up the good work.:respekt:

James maybe also include part number's for uncommon items.. I require a new foam backing that sticks onto the rear boot (outside) that the number plate is fixed to(factory item), as there are no part numbers on things like this over the years my foam backing has started to crumble and flake.

i have ETKA here so please pm me for any part no request and i will also forward them on to quattrojames.

Thats a good call, maybe something i can add in later when I get time. And find my ETKA discs lol

I got some free coming up in the next couple of days.
would it help if i go through your list or parts and take some screenshots?
I can make a photobucket album or email you the images.

James maybe also include part number's for uncommon items.. I require a new foam backing that sticks onto the rear boot (outside) that the number plate is fixed to(factory item), as there are no part numbers on things like this over the years my foam backing has started to crumble and flake.

I'll include anything you want in there mate, and as you know I'm always happy to try and find the number on Etka to help first.

I got some free coming up in the next couple of days.
would it help if i go through your list or parts and take some screenshots?
I can make a photobucket album or email you the images.

That would be great mate, save any screenshots into a PB album and then I can access them from there.

Thanks to Axios for sending me some screenshots, I've added them into the thread now.

There's probably more still needed, I'll build it up over the coming weeks.