would you swap.........

a4 cabrio

Reaction score
an audi a4 cabriolet, 2005 55 2.5 tdi sline, manual 93000 miles on the clock, full black heated leather, electric seats, FSH. for a 2004 54 reg bmw 330cd m sport coupe, auto, 60000 miles on the clock, sat nav/tv, full black leather, electric seats, FSH???????

have been offered the above swap, dont really know what to do, looking for opinions

thanks

The M Sport Coupe's are good looking cars, and the 330d probably the choice of them. I'd not want the auto though personally. What colour is it?

the car is silver, bit common i'm thinking. my audi is aqua blue and you dont see loads of cabriolets in that colour.

i am not really an auto fan, i do prefer manuals.

just unsure of what to do at the mo

go on the bm forum! see what the cracks like! if its ***** keep your audi! simples!

have been on the bmw page on pistonheads, been advised to give it a shot and have a good look at it, but get it checked out, which i was gonna do anyway. they said, better looking car, more power etc

dont know much about them! got a mate with an m3 with dsg box with 82k on and the box has packed in! cant get gears! been quoted big bucks to fix!

bro in law has one

i would say it sounds like a good swap if the car is a mint one

think these are different from dsg, they are semi auto it says on the vehicle description. i just dontwant to be getting less mpg than i am now, gettin 38-40mpg at the mo, with an auto box i dont know if i will get that

I had a 330cd Auto in between my 2 A3 3.2 dsg's and although I did initially like it, the Auto box really did kill it for me. I'd never had auto's before the dsg but was converted after having one in the Audi, however it is vastly different and did become very tiresome after a while and unlike the dsg does less to the gallon than the manual.
Had the car 10 months in total and averaged 38mpg compared to 22ish in my A3, however the Turbo blew and that cost me any money I had saved. Also have a read up on BMW swirl flaps as these are quite a common problem on these engines and can toast the engine in seconds.
Good looking car though but definitely not up to Audi standards inside..........and the boot stunk of crayons lol!

I like that. I would swap my S4 for that no problem...

Ive had 2 but the estate version altough i love the drive far better than the Audi but on the fisrt one the swirl (butterfly) valve fell off and
knacked the engine lucky was still under bmw warranty and they put a new engine in it.
The second i only had a few months as a sencor went in the pump so it would nt start when walm, this was going to cost over £700 to repair but they do a loom now so you can bypass it, i personally would nt have another

having read above ....mixed opinion here, personally i would keep your audi 100%. , ive had 3 beemers in past and "ultimate driving machine" i dont think they are, (i currently have a4tdi) and i think beemers are over rated, build quality on audis I think is superior to bmw, also (in my opinion) i think that age beemer looks very out dated now and wouldnt pay 9500 for it, as mentioned earlier the swirl flaps on the pre 2006 diesels did have probs and bmw know about it, (but im sure it was the 320d that suffered the most) costly if it did happen on the 330 if they suffer too! you have some decision to make! would you not miss your convertible in the nice sunny weather? i would, but if you fancy a change.....the decision you make at the time always appears to be the right one...its only later you find out if it was the right one or not.. go with your gut instinct.

youd notice the difference in the interior quality for sure. i had an e46 320d salloon and the qaulity of the plastic was shocking. This where i feel Audi is superior jees even VW is better interior qauality. it does look like a nice example though.

thanks for all your input guys, i have given it a couple of days thought and also put my mrs in the picture about what i was thinking of doing, so we both came to the decision it was a bad idea and to stick with what i have got, as my mrs said, when i get i car i tend to have a good look about and get what i think is the best i can find, so why would i want to swap it for the 1st bmw i look at.

plus she wasnt happy about not having a convertible for the summer, and what she says, goes!!!! lol

thanks again