speedo

simon.m

Reaction score
so as i was driving home today thought id strech her legs as i dont go over 70 really any how got to 80 and as it started to clime the speedo started to flick say from 80 to 90 and back again really strange but it did this just above 80 now im not to worred as i always sit at 65 to 70 but would like to no i did a scane and all it come back with is fault 01312 powertrain data bus 79-10 please check fault codes intermittent.

any help would be good

thanks
simon

i no mate and i mostly do under 70 but thought id clear the pips as i do mostly town driving and also still have the problem with the g75 valve or what ever it is when ever i get to 3k in 3rd 4th it kicks into safe mode evan though its a new one any how was wondering if the car has a speed sensor or some thing that i can clean maybe

so could it be this then ? if so where is the part located so i can clean them

01312 - Powertrain Data Bus

01312 - Powertrain Data Bus: Faulty

Possible Symptoms

• Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON
Possible Causes

• Databus Wiring and/or Connector(s) faulty
Possible Solutions

• Check Databus Wiring and/or Connector(s)

thanks james think ill look into seeing if i can clean the sensor if it has one its like the old cable snaging thing but sure these cars dont have a speedo cable

Hi i have a '97 A4T which does exactly the same thing.... So far i have changed the clocks and the speed transducer on gearbox, but still the same, wavers around 80-90, then drops and stays at 80. I read another thread on a site i didn't save sadly, a guy on there had the same problem on a skoda.... Strange this problem is happening on such varied cars in the VAG! Have you got any further forward yet? He says hopefuly.....

no mate iv not evan looked yet was going to start with cleaning the wier conectors first will if and when i get my car back after some num nuts puled out on me