Buying VAG-COM Diagnostic,,,Any Advice Welcome !

rosstech is the one that everybody swears by.... I bought a little code reader and writer for about £60 a 5 years ago (for my Mk3 Golf) and I would probably go with the real stuff if I was purchasing again as this one really only does the absolute basics...

also: the one you listed doesn't cover many B6's in the list of supported cars for each feature...

I sell the genuine hex-can-usb vcds/vagcom cables, give me a shout if interested.

Dont bother with handheld readers etc, no way are these even a substitute for the real thing, said as a user not a seller, many will confirm my advise & will wrk on all vag cars old & new.

I sell the genuine hex-can-usb vcds/vagcom cables, give me a shout if interested.

Dont bother with handheld readers etc, no way are these even a substitute for the real thing, said as a user not a seller, many will confirm my advise & will wrk on all vag cars old & new.

Is it a case of just plug-n-play,is there software needed-included ???

Yes plugnplay, software is downloaded from RT & as long as a genuine interface is used, then this is FOC.

rosstech is the one that everybody swears by.... I bought a little code reader and writer for about £60 a 5 years ago (for my Mk3 Golf) and I would probably go with the real stuff if I was purchasing again as this one really only does the absolute basics...

also: the one you listed doesn't cover many B6's in the list of supported cars for each feature...

USB VAG-COM 409.1 OBD 2 II CABLE LEAD AUDI VW VAG COM | eBay UK

VCDS 10.6 ( VAG COM ) SERVICE VW AUDI ROSS TECH OEM | eBay UK

Last edited:
The one shown is an illegal counterfeit piece of rubbish, I only sell genuine ross-tech cables.

can i ask what is illegal about it and how it stands out to be so just wondering mate

deffo go with nhn, got one from him last year, worthwhile investment if you plan on staying with vag cars.

can i ask what is illegal about it and how it stands out to be so just wondering mate

Sorry I didnt see the bottom that stated it was a scan service only.

Buttt, 99.9999%, if not all ebay cables are illegally copied, copyright, wont work with newer software, no warranty, no guarantee, will not work with RT releases software, cracked software used, can go on.

nope thats fine just wondered what made it stand out lol