Avj engine

Jama665

Reaction score
Hi all have a 1.8t Avj engine in an A4 quattro.

just wondering what my the difference between my Avj engine and any other 1.8t about.

One thing I noticed is the fuel rail dosen't have a return or a pressure regulator. How does that work 'Special fuel pump' possibly??? I not sure if this is same on others but i know its not the same for all 1.8t's.

Just wondering if anyone knows the differences, And any pro's or con's to having this engine.

Cheers for any input

No body know then? just trying to get to know the car as i just brought it and i like doing the work my self except if audi are doing it for free!!!

I know it not the most common block as they only done it for couple of years. or does anyone know where i can find the specs of this engine.

any that audi dont tell you in the manual. so i can work out if i buy a part, that its going to fit. As dealership markup is a lot and they are the only people that know exactly what parts are for my car. And i like to know my car inside out.

plus when i look for any parts they all seem to be for the more popular blocks like aum for example. well i guess my question is are the different blocks basically the same or are there any major differnces?

not sure if that makes any sence, im not after any particular part just the knowledge. which may sound sad but thats what being in engineering does to you..........

you will need to get etka, it a parts catalogue it will give show you part numbers for all diffrent engine and vag cars,

As mentioned, get a copy of ETKA and ELSAWIN off ebay, parts and workshop manuals respectively, I'm sure you can lose yourself in there for a few days!

well i'll have a look into the manuals on ebay. i know its sad but i like knowing this stuff. so i cant make improvements or pin pointing problems. then i can help others to with any issues to. dont get me wrong im not a part number wierdo im not that sad!!!!!