EM TuningAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

B6 TDI 130 lumpy idle when warm problem

Hi everyone,
    Just getting to know my way around here and have this annoying fault with me car if anyone can offer advise?
    Bascially when the car has got up to running temperature on idle it gets very lumpy and the whole front of the car can shake about, as if its going down to 3 cylinders - there is no smoke or anything like that coming out the back. It will say drop onto 3 for 5 seconds then be ok for 1 - 2 seconds then do it again. All i have to do is put on around 100 rpm and this disappears. It does not do this when it is cold so its now very annoying!
    Only thing i can think is one of the injector spray patterns may be off? Anyone with similar experience? No other performace issues when its warm or driving at all, just on idle.
    I have by-passed the egr, cleaned the inlet manifold, its had a new duel mass flywheel not long ago and turned the idle speed up slightly

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Idle control valve or Throttle body position sensor needs calibrating or setting up??

Reverse Gear

Status
    Erm it doesnt have a throttle body as such - its tdi and im sure the idle control would be built into the fuel pump?

Neutral

Status
    Im also suffering from this problem on my 130 TDI, anybody have any ideas....

1st Gear

Status
    try unblanking erg valve i know this sometimes has a negative effect, unless of coarse it was playing up before you blanked it. but im no expert
    otherthan that leaky vacum pipe maybe

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ian-r View Post
    Erm it doesnt have a throttle body as such - its tdi and im sure the idle control would be built into the fuel pump?
    They do bud.. well they run a throttle body/ EGR all in one.. vacuum controlled, so bypassing the EGR bud probably aint helping.. best thing to do is get in on a vag com or 5051 etc..

found a new one here NEW AUDI/SEAT/VW 1.9 TDI THROTTLE BODY + EGR 1998>2003 | eBay UK

1st Gear

Status
    Have a read of this.

TDI FAQ