So i fitted my Big wheels, COMMENTS WELCOME!!!!

holmefield

Reaction score
Hi all, i've posted a couple of pics of my car in the readers car thread before when it was fitted with BBS LMs 18 x 8.5 wide.I wipped them off before last winter and sold them on as there just gettin to common in my eyes.

I've always had a bit of a thing for alloys and i've always like to be a bit different with what i fit, i put 19" x 9" inch alloys on an A3 last year they were a squeeze.

Anyhow on to now i've had my B6 for just over a year its the sport model with a couple of bits&bats added, i bought these alloys with out knowing whether they'd fit. There BMW X5 alloys 9 x 19" up front 10 x 19" out back, i needed to have adapters made as there 5 x 120 pcd so got two off 20mm wide and two off 25mm wide so final E.Ts are front 25 rear 20!!! but im having some new ones made for the rear to make the back E.T 27 as they stick out to wide @ the mo and ever so slightly rub the arches @ the back with 5 people in.

Anyhow heres the pics......Please be gentle
2011-04-10102519.jpg

2011-04-10102450.jpg

2011-04-10102527.jpg

2011-04-10130257-1.jpg

Personally loveeeee it! Get her slammed and then we will be seriously talking :D

Why don't you go the whole hog and put monster truck wheels in her.. Lol :D

cmon guys, no need to be like that.

i like the wheels them self, just not on the car sorry mate.

if you could get some meat off the back of the wheels to get the offset up to about 40 it'd be so much better (in my opinion of course)

lowered would be alot better too :)

More low and less ET and you could be winning. Not keen on the current look though... and yes LMs are played out but look sweet on pretty much any car they go on! ;)

As I said the style of wheel suits the B6 well.

Best bet would see if you can get two more fronts for the rear. The rears are just too wide and have far too little offset.

Looks ok mate.. not for me personally but i can see the look you want and i like the style wheel itself.. but not sure on the stretched rubber either.. bit dangerous cornering at high speeds as beads can pop off.

i like the wheels but as most say sticking aout far to much them curbs are just screaming out for you now lol keep them but lose the spacers mate if you have them on there ;-)

Like most others, they are too far out and the stretched tyres just look wrong. I'd pull you over if I saw that driving about unfortunately.

I agree with the majority of comments here, nice enough wheels, just a bit *too* much.

Looks dangerous to me, having tyres like that.

The wheels look OK, just need to sort out the tyres I think.

ha just see he does say they stick out to much his self and will be sorting it out just shows how many of use flick right to the pics lol

Maybe a straight side on photo would be better to give the idea of the look with out all the poke?

despite all the comments, i think they look ace. Your never gonna please everyone bud.
Respect for doing something different! Less poke + more lows would finish it off :D

despite all the comments, i think they look ace. Your never gonna please everyone bud.
Respect for doing something different! Less poke + more lows would finish it off :D

Ordering my smaller adapters tonite should pull in another 7mm anymore than that and i'll have inner issues, the photos make it look worse than it is to be honest + it needs lowering a bit.

Im wonderimg about Eibachs but would need to go down 50mm as there 20 mm lower been a sport, or maybe coilovers anybody selling any 2nd hand??

I'll take some more side pics to nite so i can get more hate mail, ha ha.....To be fair to the CHAV comment the effort involved in even getting these to FIT is way beyond your standard Chavs halfords deal of the week...!!! but each to there own comments....

:sign_omg:They dont fit right and thats what makes them look so wrong, you have a strech going on in the rear and not in the front which also make them look wrong.

:sign_omg:They dont fit right and thats what makes them look so wrong, you have a strech going on in the rear and not in the front which also make them look wrong.

I have a stretch in the front to, just not as much as the rear, they are 10 J rears to be fair with a P.C.D of 120 to avoid the stretch i'd have to pull+roll the rear arches so thats a no no.The rear has poke but by going another 7mm in my E.T will become 27( currentley 20 ) Tuck on a car is fine when your running super low like C17LJR but i need comfort as i've kids and a baby.I'd love coilovers but believe the ride would be to hard.

The wheels are a work in progress the Idea was to create something outside the box, but as some know costs start to get out of control as im having to have stuff custom made, i love everybodys input different thoughts are what makes it worth it to me.

There MARMITE wheel i think.......More pics to follow......Thanks for all the interest folks

More low and less ET and you could be winning. Not keen on the current look though... and yes LMs are played out but look sweet on pretty much any car they go on! ;)

I love BBS LMs to, just wonted a change, i so very nearly went BBS LMS 19 x 9.5 all round.But fancy 20 x 10 BBS Q7s next HA HA..

You can go low with a family... I've a wife and 3 kids :)

I kind of half like it, the front looks spot on but I think the back looks a tad stretched, or something not quite right with the look. What size tyres have you got on them? I got 235/35/19's on my 19x9.5s all round (BBS LMs!) and they look stretched enough!!!!!!

I quite like the style of wheel, and the fronts look ok to me.

But, for the love of god man, sort that rear wheel stretch out. It's not safe like that, and you're just asking for the tyre bead to pop off the rim. You mentioned you take your kids in it....

As somebody else mentioned, maybe another set of fronts would work better on the rear? That and the new spacers and it'll look a lot better, IMHO.

I kind of half like it, the front looks spot on but I think the back looks a tad stretched, or something not quite right with the look. What size tyres have you got on them? I got 235/35/19's on my 19x9.5s all round (BBS LMs!) and they look stretched enough!!!!!!

Mine are 235/35 on the rear to, the pic i took prob makes it look worse than it is thou.

With regard to the tyre beads the air is always trying to push the tyre beads out towards the lip of the alloy im running the rears with 34 PSI.The 35 profile is to clear the rear arches i was going to put 40 series on but i'd have rubbing issues, some people run 225/35s on 10 Js..!!!! My tyre fitter told me they went on probs + with been fitted to the rear they come under less pressure as theres not the weight of the engine on them all the time and there not been twisted as much as the front as there fixed where as the front move more due to streering.
Stretch is ok as long as you use the right rubber protect the tyre beads and use the correct pressure.The 225/35s on the front have next to no stretch.

I picked the wheels because of the rears really im a big fan of concave alloys and the rears have that in spades, i think that because the rear of the car is so curvey the chunky wheels upset the curves but looked at side on they add to the appeal, at an angle they look chunky.

Like i said there MARMITE WHEELS i posted more angle shots to nite after i've done the food shop!!!!!

New pics
2011-04-15192919.jpg
Front wheel arch clearence
2011-04-15192903.jpg
Rear wheel arch clearence
2011-04-15192747.jpg
Side on hopefully better view of the wheels in the arches
2011-04-15192636.jpg
I love this shot, and i love these wheels thats why i fitted them.
2011-04-15192617.jpg

There you go new pics of my marmite wheels......Still on the fence over coilovers...

I still really like the style and it suits it well, rear strechted look is just not my thing.

New pics
2011-04-15192919.jpg
Front wheel arch clearence
2011-04-15192903.jpg
Rear wheel arch clearence
2011-04-15192747.jpg
Side on hopefully better view of the wheels in the arches
2011-04-15192636.jpg
I love this shot, and i love these wheels thats why i fitted them.
2011-04-15192617.jpg

There you go new pics of my marmite wheels......Still on the fence over coilovers...

Really like these fella! Liking you're way of thinking! I dont think they too wide at all, more lows i.e coilovers or air, roll the arches a touch and jobs a good un one unique looking b6 thats for sure and not following the same boring sheep lines..

As for the chav comment rofl! Some people need to be careful how they use words with regards to being different.

Good work fella must see more! Now 9.5 or 10 j rears hmmm

You got balls mate, and i dont think they look to bad apart from the stretch:unsure:

You're parked a long way off the kerb there!

Lol at Bub's video, I haven't seen that for years!

You're parked a long way off the kerb there!

Lol at Bub's video, I haven't seen that for years!

Thats the closest these wheels will be getting to the kerbs i'll tell you, i currently drive like a nun with these on sooooooo many bolt holes around where i live.

Its mirrors pointing to the floor when i stick it in reverse to..My new adapters are being ordered tonite...Toying with the idea of BMW centre caps to i've so many people asking what ALPINA means its doing my head in...

I think you've got a really nice lookin car there bud, but like it's been said a few times before the backs are sticking out a bit to far.

Other than that it's spot on, and respect for bein different :)

very nice wheels, but too much: 8.5J all-round (9J at a stretch - literally)... would have been better - preferably keep them all the same if it's a real quattro (rather than just the badge) otherwise I think you'll put a lot more wear on the diff if you're driving it hard: Audi recommends no more than a few mm difference in tread depth, but with different wheel sizes, you're almost certain to have more than that!

...and reference all the "bolt[pot]-holes" - that's why I run 16's in winter (17's would be recommended, but I had the 16's available and the tyres were cheaper)... always makes me a little bit more nervous parking in summer....

New adapters ordered gotta wait 2 weeks thou as there made to order, new E.T will be rear 27 front 28.

Just scratching my head looking for Audi B5 front spring perches as i've been told there 10/15mm lower than the B6 ones, so if i can find them there'll give me a nicer front end stance with out altering the comfort + it'll make the fronts look less lost and more tucked.

But im having real problems trying to find any, anybody any ideas where to look....????????