Avant window tints?!

Avanti

Reaction score
Website
www.gofasterspares.com
Hey guys, thinking about getting my windows tinted in my avant, just wondered what some of you guys have got so i got an idea how dark to go, my car is black aswell so dont wanna go too dark and look like a van.
Obviously i want legals on the front but wanna know what mediums, dark tints look like.

any pics would be great :)

Ta

Mine are pretty dark all round, some might even say illegal on the fronts.

6e706a30.jpg

c77a118a.jpg

eb7b8f12.jpg

Same dark smoke all round mate,

Is you avant got a kit on it? Theres a black gmbh kitted avant on here with tints all round and it looks awesome

I knows it's all a matter of personal taste but I prefer the medium tint Scott has on his avant I would however leave the front windows alone. There are legal issues with this and AFAIK the standard factory glass is just about on the limit as far as tint goes on the front - maybe someone else can shed some more light on this?

I must admit i am favouring Scotts lights on the front and med rears.. better not go too dark or i'll look like a van.
i think the legal limit is 50% if im no mistaken?? so light smoke is fine??

Have looked into this a little more and it seems that forward of the B pillars the maximum tint has to allow 70% light transmission into the vehicle. Your standard glass has a very slight tint to it all ready (open your window slightly and look at the sky to see the subtle difference). In some cases you could find that you are already getting close 70% so by adding even a light tint could mean that you exceed this limit. It would be interesting to see how much light is lost with the standard factory glass to be able to conclude this correctly...

I found some interesting links here and here.

Hope that helps?

Have looked into this a little more and it seems that forward of the B pillars the maximum tint has to allow 70% light transmission into the vehicle. Your standard glass has a very slight tint to it all ready (open your window slightly and look at the sky to see the subtle difference). In some cases you could find that you are already getting close 70% so by adding even a light tint could mean that you exceed this limit. It would be interesting to see how much light is lost with the standard factory glass to be able to conclude this correctly...

You're quite right with all of that, generally any level of tint on the front's will make them illegal. Not really worth the risk in my opinion, PITA when you have to take them off, and also potentially dangerous.

I'm not really a fan of dark tints either personally, I like them to be a consistent colour all the way around.