Does my A/C need a top up

jolly14

Reaction score
Hello guys,

With the warmer weather coming up i tried my aircon and found that it was not coming out very cold from the center vent but quite cold from the 2 by the doors, i had the aircon re-gassed about 20 months ago so would you think that there maybe a problem or it just needs topping up.

Cheers Jay

If it's cold from the two outer vents but not the centre one that would lead me to thing it's more likely that the mechanism of vent temp control has come adrift somewhere.

If it's cold from the two outer vents but not the centre one that would lead me to thing it's more likely that the mechanism of vent temp control has come adrift somewhere.

Thanks James but forgive me for being a bit of a div but what does that mean and is this gunna cost me wedge.

Cheers Jay

may need a new flap motor as james said
or it may be stuck remove glove box mess with your cc unot see ehat ones work and dont
then either free is off or replace
easy to do

So its gunna be an easy fix then ................nice 1 or are you pulling my leg and its the whole dash out to fix lol

Cheers Jay

very easy glove box out thats it
you may have to buy a new motor not sure on price i got 3 used ones for 20 quid
oh and there colour coded so easy to find a replacement

Stand at the back of the car, and systematically remove all components until you reach the dashboard.

OR

Lie in the footwells (you might need to take the glovebox out) and look behind the aircon unit, you'll see lots of multi coloured rods 3-4 inches long, like the picture below:

With the car running, move all the climate buttons (fan/temp/vents etc) one at a time and note which rod moves with what function - then make sure they're all moving correctly as they should do. If not then often the motor which drives each one is knackered, cost about £70 or maybe half that from an ebay broker.

I'm not saying that's definitely your problem, but worth a look first. Or VAGcom it.

P1030651.jpg

Last edited:
:thumbsup:I knew i could count on you lot

Jay