AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    5th Gear

Status

help ??????oil presure light

audi a4 cab 1.8t quattro ... got a problem with my oil ... drivin home the other week a warning light came up saying oil presure (red)... beeped a few time then went off ... any help me out on this .. car had a new oil pump 5000 miles ago new pick up pipes and all so had the 2 sensors changed that allway trick you in thinking its the oil pump .. im thinking it cant be these are there to new ... could it be the oil persure sensor that found just near the oil cooler ... the warning only comes on when car is doing 2k for a few miles and never comes on for at least 10 miles all so the engine dosent make any funny nosies.. drove to the coast today 50 miles away light came on once .. on way home didnt come on at all .. this is the first time ive been anywhere sence service ... could it be it wanted a good run to get the new oil round the engine anyone help me out ?????? oil i got in now is 5-30 fully senthetic
    Last edited by vr6gordy; 9th April 2011 at 23:23.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    just been readin on an other forum ... it wouldnt be the mirco switch on the bonnet would it

5th Gear

Status
    help anyone ??????????????

1st Gear

Status
    Hi , dont think it will be the bonnet switch , that's normally if your oil level light yellow one comes on. First thing is have you checked the oil level?, where did you get the work done? if its a garage , best get it back to them asap so the oil pressure can be checked manually, could be an oil pressure switch fault, did you have genuine parts fitted?

5th Gear

Status
    all gen parts even the oil ...im thinking it must be a switch fault cos it dosent come on all the time only now and again ..new switch is cheap so gonna get one and go from there

5th Gear

Status
    softwear update maybe ?

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Try a new switch if your're happy the pressure's ok. Be warned though, if it isn't ok you're living on borrowed time.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

5th Gear

Status
    im thinking the switch for sure now cos there no rattles at all from the top end

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Just to be sure get the pressure checked with a mechanical gauge, that will prove it for sure