Window Won't Close - Remedy

cobraBLACK

Chocolate? It's doo-doo, baby!
Reaction score
I closed up the windows yesterday but, every time I tried, the driver's side went up then dropped down a couple of inches like someone's arm was in it.

Nothing in the manual so I phoned my garage, IGS. Turns out the window had 'forgotten' its height and was dropping down as, when it reached the top, it was expected to go further and saw the frame as an obstruction.

Remedy - keep tapping the window switch up 'til it reaches the top, then hold the switch up for about 10 seconds. Fixed.

good work

i remember when i had the audi tt, it would do something similar or windows dropped a little which needed reset, think it was something similar, ignition on two clicks, window down, hold ten secs and then up hold for 10 secs and then swtich engine off

strange thing happended to my mk5 golf the other day, the driver window wouldn't budge, when half opened. left it and then drove a mile and heard a click and motor noise and it worked again

good work

i remember when i had the audi tt, it would do something similar or windows dropped a little which needed reset, think it was something similar, ignition on two clicks, window down, hold ten secs and then up hold for 10 secs and then swtich engine off

strange thing happended to my mk5 golf the other day, the driver window wouldn't budge, when half opened. left it and then drove a mile and heard a click and motor noise and it worked again
Thank you very much, problem solved.