Have I bought a puppy ??? A4 TDI 130

pabshoney

Reaction score
It looks like you guys on the whole are happy with your fault free A4s. I'm starting to wonder if its just my car which has the recurring faults - Car in the stealers for its 2nd replacement convenience module - anyone else had issues with electrics ??? Couple of days ago the central locking gave up the ghost and only managed to lock the driver and passengers doors, leaving the back doors open for easy access. Road Side Audi Technicians tried in vain to reset system but without joy ! Turns out the the air con is upset too ! Air Con set to auto but fan not kicking in even if you override and use manual settings - 18 months ago instructed Audi to install CD Changer into glove box, could this be the root of the problem, have they ******** the electrics when doing this ?

To date have had faults on airbag sensors
2 Central Locking Issues
Air Con Faulty

Will not be keeping car when warranty runs out - do i risk another A4 ?? Not happy as the courtesy car is a Peugeot 407 - eeeeek ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/[censored].gif

Hi I had to replace the convenience module on my A4-B6, Bad thing was it was just outside its warranty, so I had replace myself, not too hard to do and the unit was about £115 from Vagparts- although because I had to wait for the unit to come I ended up unplugging the unit so i could stop the alarm going off every five minuits, after that I had no windows, central locking or interior lights, after replacing the unit i have no remote locking so I will need to get it set up with Vag-com.

If other faults are occurring then you may have a computer issue, to which if its under warranty should be covered.

I take it that your car did not come from a main Audi Stealer hence the 407, if so, did you get a HPI report?, I hear a lot of water damaged cars suffer from a lot of electric faults, main problem being is that your convenience module and other bits are located under the passenger carpets.

Nope got car from main Audi Stealer, should I have got an Audi as a courtesy car ? Because car was unsecure on road called our Audi RAC when central locking failed, they checked it out and arranged for hire car to be delivered. Only ever been given an Audi when booking in car for service. I've got the feeling somethings up with electricals, to be honest loosing faith with this A4,....car just 2 years young and you just don't expect to get this happening. Will use the points you mentioned and raise this with Audi Stealer tomorrow. Think I'll cash in before warranty ends, question is do i go for another A4.

Thanks for the reply

Yes if you feel like that about the car you have a right to exchange the car or refuse to accept the car after the forth return (I think)

Ive had a couple of niggles with mine, but to be honest after driving dodgy fords for the last few years i can put up with most problems the audi throws at me!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif